New mamas!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kitt
  • 1 Post By nikki-pie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
What size clothes is you LO wearing in coordination to the weight of him/ her ?

I'm bringing a newborn outfit for my LOs arrival just hoping it won't be too small!

April 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran
My son was 7lbs 10oz and I put him in 0-3mos. I actually didn't have anything newborn since I knew it wouldn't fit long. Some 0-3 outfits fit better than others as there is such a wide variety of sizing between brands/clothes. I brought a couple different things to be on safe side.

April 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with bringing a couple of styles to see what works (and to do multiple changes when they barf on the first 3!) My little peanut that was discharged at 5 lbs 8-10 oz is in Carter's Newborn. All the 0-3 mos things would be too big on her. As it is anything for her lower half swims. I love the Carter's line.

April 7th, 2013, 10:46 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I've never bought the newborn stuff because I know it doesn't last long. I'd rather it be a little big. For one born early (36-37 weeks, or even sooner), then I would go the newborn route, but otherwise, I just go with 0-3 months.

April 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I didn't buy any of them lol someone gave me them I just was wondering how big would be too big for newborn clothes

April 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think 9lbs+ would be too big for NB. My daughter was born at 7lbs12oz and wore newborn for a month. I have mostly sleepers, side snapping shirts, sleeping gowns and a few basic outfits in NB, I don't bother with cute NB outfits because baby doesn't really attend social functions when that small.
April 7th, 2013, 11:42 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had this lo yet, but my other babies were 7lb14oz, 8lb6oz, 7lb13oz and 7lb5oz. The only one who was able to wear newborn clothes at all was the smallest one.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grace was 6lb 4oz 20in and newborn clothes were too big, though that's what I had taken to the hospital. She wore preemie for a bit, and then newborn for quite a while. She's always been "behind" in sizes...at over 3 years, she's still wearing 2T.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 7th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son was 8 12 and 22 inches he never wore NB. My daughter was 7 12 and 20 inches and wore NB for a very short time. I have some NB stuff for this one but only because it was handed down. I have a NB and a 0 to 3 month going home outfit packed because I just don't know how big he is...

April 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
My peanut was 5lbs 10oz and was 18 1/4" ... she is still in preemie clothes ...

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 7th, 2013, 01:18 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD was 9lb 7oz and fit newborn clothes for about the first 5 days lol. The hospital had to search around and find some size 1 diapers for us because she wouldn't fit in the new born ones lol.

April 7th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When my first daughter was born she was almost 10 pounds and she never fit in newborn clothes. We went right into 0-3 months and by 1 month she was wearing 3-6 month clothes. I am only bringing 0-3 month clothes to the hospital since I will be at least 40 weeks when I have this one.
April 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
We had a few newborn outfits for Braxton but we had to go buy premie clothes as he was drowning in newborn size. I'm pretty sure clothing sizes run a little bigger here in oz but we've bought him about 5 premie outfits but might have to go buy more this week. He's a peanut!

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

April 7th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS1 was 6lbs. 7oz. and was swimming in 0-3mos so he was in NB for a while. DS2 was 9lbs. 0.5oz. and I had brought NB size since that's what fit for DS1 and it was pretty tight on him! Like the sleeves were a little short, it was snug, and his toes were ready to bust out the bottom, that kind of tight .

This time I am bringing a little of both just because I'm not sure how big she will be. She's measured one week ahead for most of the pregnancy and tomorrow is my due date so I don't think she will be tiny, but I don't think she will be huge.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Well I packed a 0-3 month outfit I hope the newborn one fits her though because its my favorite outfit ! But she was already measuring 6 pounds 12 oz last week

April 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was really worried about this. When I found out she was an ounce away from 9 lbs and 21 1/2 inches long, I thought for sure the newborn clothes wouldn't fit. But here we are on day 2 and the clothes (footie pajamas) fit fine!
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 03:46 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
My guy is 8 lbs, 9 1/2 oz, 22 inches long and he fits into the NB size fine, but i know that wont last long at all
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-pie View Post
My guy is 8 lbs, 9 1/2 oz, 22 inches long and he fits into the NB size fine, but i know that wont last long at all
That's good to hear I just want her to fit into her newborn going home outfit ! It's my fave!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search