Bedrest

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
ACMinAK's Avatar Regular
So.. for the last month or so my BP has been a little high at each of my appointments (140/95 range). After doing 3(!) 24 hour urine tests and blood work to go along at each of those, it is only coming back that I occasionally have trace amounts of protein in the pee and everything else looks normal. The 20 or so NST's I've had (or so it seems) have all come back saying baby girl is doing well. They are talking about inducing me because of my BP, but I really don't want that unless its causing her any distress.

Well, at my appointment Friday afternoon my doctor was talking to me and I mentioned that I'm still working about 45 hours a week on my feet... she wasn't very happy so I have been put on a "modified bedrest". No work, no bouncing around, no cleaning or shopping.... she said I can eat, shower, pee and go to the doctor. I am such a work-a-holic I have no idea what to do with myself. I have 10 days until my due date and there is so much I want to do! I know I haven't been all that active around here, but I have checked in occasionally to see whats going on around here.. I will most likely seem a lot chattier now that I have this abundance of "free time".
April 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Sorry you're on bed rest. I'm actually surprised they waited that long. My widwives and OB's are extremely cautious, and I would have been on bed rest after even 1 reading like that. I say that from experience last time. It does suck to be on bed rest, but remember - they are trying to keep baby in there as long as possible.

New picture in progress......
April 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agree...sorry about the bedrest, but it seems like a better solution than induction, if everything else is looking good and no other signs of pre-e. Take it easy, for sure, and hopefully baby girl will be here soon and you can avoid an induction!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Hopefully you can find ways to keep yourself busy.

April 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey, sounds like my situation exactly!! I was still working 45 hour weeks with my pressure in the 140's/90's. It took me hitting 170/100 for them to put me on bed rest. No protein in my urine, blood work is fine and baby looks great on all my NSTs. I am happy with being out of work because I know I was overdoing it and needed to rest more. But I am not happy with missing my son's baseball and soccer games and not doing last minute prep and shopping! They mentioned induction to me as well and I decided to wait it out until Tuesday when I have a follow up. If my pressure is still high after 4 days of rest, I think I am going to take the induction. I am just too stressed about my BP and my baby doesn't move much which causes me lots of anxiety. Mentally I am ready for this to be over.
Just wanted to sympathize with you. Take care of you and baby and rest. I know its not easy, but we are almost there!!
April 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
ACMinAK's Avatar Regular
Thanks all for the kind words I'm just not used to being this still I suppose lol. I have an appointment tomorrow and on Thursday to check on everything, I really am hoping to avoid an induction though. As much as I know that at 39 weeks little miss will be fine... it terrifies me.

DH took a small leave of absence from work for the next week and a half to finish getting things ready around the house and I think to somewhat monitor me, lol. So, at least it isn't *so* lonely.

But, in happier thoughts.... it is soooo exciting that we are all almost there!! And it seems like everyone's babies are starting to show up this week!
April 7th, 2013, 09:09 PM
ACMinAK's Avatar Regular
Thanks all for the kind words I'm just not used to being this still I suppose lol. I have an appointment tomorrow and on Thursday to check on everything, I really am hoping to avoid an induction though. As much as I know that at 39 weeks little miss will be fine... it terrifies me.

DH took a small leave of absence from work for the next week and a half to finish getting things ready around the house and I think to somewhat monitor me, lol. So, at least it isn't *so* lonely.

But, in happier thoughts.... it is soooo exciting that we are all almost there!! And it seems like everyone's babies are starting to show up this week!
April 7th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about the bed rest, I know that can be a pain. I ended up putting myself on bed rest and I am glad I did. I ended up definitely needing the extra rest! Good luck! Baby will be here before you know it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search