C section mommas

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 05:01 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
It has been a week since my surgery... I am doing good, getting better everyday but i still feel aweful! What can i expect from my recovery? when wil i be able to function normally again???
April 9th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Give your body some time. You had major abdominal surgery after laboring for how long? It is going to take longer than a week to recovery from that. Do you go in for an incision check coming up soon? You can talk to your doc about any specific questions or issues you have then to help put your mind at ease. It hasn't been very long, you WILL recover and feel normal again just give yourself time and hang in there

April 9th, 2013, 06:55 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agree...major surgery is going to take a while to recover from. I've never had a c-section, but even recovering from a vaginal delivery took me weeks to get back to feeling normal. Hang in there!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I must be an exception to the rule, because this c/s just like last time has been a cake walk. My biggest is that I got tape burns from all the stuff they put on and off my lower half and it's all irritated and raw. The surgery site itself is no biggie. I had the /s on the 2nd and was out of bed the night if the 3rd. I was wandering the hospital halls by the 5th. And I didn't bother with pain meds (just regular tylenol or advil) except twice yesterday, and some of that was to take the edge off the sore nips and because we took a walk around the neighborhood.

It took me a few days to be able to bend and while I feel ok, I am taking it easy lifting things.

I'm sorry you are in such pain. I saw your other post about the constipation. Th visiting nurse that came by here yesterday said that narcotics like oxycodone are like eating cement. If you on that, it might be contributing to your OTHER issues.

April 9th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Veteran
I started to feel good enough to go without any pain meds at 9 days after (I was taking just motrin). I am just now starting to do a lot more cleaning up around the house (3 weeks). I would take it slow as you can until you are ready so you can heal. I am still sore but otherwise pretty good.

April 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a c section last time and it took me a long time to feel back to "normal".

I don't think I could really lift and carry my daughter around for close to a month because it hurt too much. I didn't drive for at least 6 weeks. I probably got back into housework around 6 weeks too.

1 week after the c section I couldn't really do anything by myself. I needed help to stand up and sit down. I needed my husband to help me get in and out of the shower etc.

A couple months later I was able to start exercising gently again and it took about a year before I could do my favorite harder exercises again.

Most people seem to recover faster than I did but please listen to your body and take it easy and rest if you can. I know people who have prolonged their recovery because they tried to do too much too soon. Everything will go back to normal, it just takes time.
linds2012 likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
thanks ladies im slowly trying to ween myself off of the narcotics, i just don't like taking them! i think that is probably contributing to my soreness. I have my post op appointment next monday. I'm really hope i start doing better soon DH is leaving to prep his boat for his trip to AK for the summer on thursday! So i need to be at least functional by then!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search