Wondering what ya'll think.

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 12:46 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok I thought I would ask what you ladies think. For a couple of days now I have been feeling 'off'. On and off spells of nausea, (TMI ALERT) bouts of diarrhea, very tired all the time(like all I want to do is sleep and have NO energy all of a sudden, when I haven't been having that problem) and continued cramping. Last Thursday I was dilated to a 1 and 20% effaced. DH thinks I am in early labor. I am wondering if I am getting sick. What do ya'll think?

April 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Really hard to tell. If the flu bug has been in your area it could be that but I've also heard of sickness before birth too. I would keep loading up on the fluids and vitamins either way. Hope you feel better!

April 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysPocket View Post
Really hard to tell. If the flu bug has been in your area it could be that but I've also heard of sickness before birth too. I would keep loading up on the fluids and vitamins either way. Hope you feel better!
Agree, good advice!

April 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Haven't really heard of anything going around. But that don't mean that there isn't something. Drinking lots of water and juices, and just seeing what happens. I did put my mom on alert that it might be getting close, she is going to go ahead and get all her stuff loaded just in case but not head this way. As much as I don't feel ready for baby to be here and want her to hang on a little while longer, I really hope I'm not getting sick.

April 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is hard to say. You won't know unless you start to feel better or you start getting regular strong contractions. I have heard of people feeling off and sick right before labor starts but I have also heard that some people feel great right before labor starts. Either way I hope that you start to feel better!
April 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's how I felt for a week before I went into labor. I didn't want to do ANYTHING but sleep. I got fluish type symptoms like the diarrhea about 2 or 3 days before. Good luck!
April 9th, 2013, 03:32 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
It is hard to say. You won't know unless you start to feel better or you start getting regular strong contractions. I have heard of people feeling off and sick right before labor starts but I have also heard that some people feel great right before labor starts. Either way I hope that you start to feel better!
Definitely hope you're not getting sick!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 9th, 2013, 04:19 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennBer View Post
Ok I thought I would ask what you ladies think. For a couple of days now I have been feeling 'off'. On and off spells of nausea, (TMI ALERT) bouts of diarrhea, very tired all the time(like all I want to do is sleep and have NO energy all of a sudden, when I haven't been having that problem) and continued cramping. Last Thursday I was dilated to a 1 and 20% effaced. DH thinks I am in early labor. I am wondering if I am getting sick. What do ya'll think?
I feel the EXACT same! I could have written this. I've had every one of those symptoms in the past week. I don't feel like I'm getting sick per say though. Glad to have someone to relate to, even if it isn't pleasant! Hope you feel better soon! I'd be happy if this meant labor was a week away! I'm really hoping for the 17th, 18th, 19th as it'll work perfect for DHs work schedule (he gets a week off every month).

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

April 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM
DH says that I am being stubborn, because I even if I wont admit it I know I'm not getting sick because I do have spells where I feel better and I just don't admit it. After talking to my mom again she seems to think that I am in early labor as well, but thinks I will still have a couple days. Says she felt some of the same right before her labors, she never had much pain just feeling sick.

April 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just posted something similar...not the same, but I am having cramps like crazy....and when the baby moves it hurts even worse. I'm exhausted and feeling just odd. I don't know...kind of thinking early labor...even if it means a few days...I'd be glad to wait though! As long as she needs! Hope you rest well tonight!
April 9th, 2013, 09:45 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Hope you are feeling better soon! Get some rest! Not knowing when its going to happen is just so difficult....
April 10th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Still feeling off. I'm kinda worried about today. With my luck I will go into labor today. I'm all alone in town today. My mom is 8 hours away, my DH is out on a job that puts him out of cell service for the day, FIL is out of town for the day(not that I would really want my FIL in the room with me). Guess my BIL is around to drive me to the hospital if I have to go, but I do not want him in the room with me, that would just be weird. So with all that I just have to horrid feeling, hopefully I wont go into labor today, but with my luck. . .

April 10th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed that it is not today then! Can you rest and take it easy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search