Appointment today

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 05:46 PM
ACMinAK's Avatar Regular
So, I've been on bed rest for my high BP... and I went in for a BP checkup and another NST today. Did the NST, baby girl's heartrate was pretty high the whole time (165-180) and she appeared to be unresponsive even though she was moving a lot! They decided to do a biophysical workup on her and did the ultrasound and measured the amniotic fluid. She scored a 10/10, but her heartrate remained high.

My doctor is out of town so I was seeing another midwife. She decided to do a cervical check since I haven't had one yet. I am 2cm, 60% effaced and at a -2 position. I guess in doing the check she ended up pulling out a glob of my mucous plug. So, I have been having little pieces of it come out since then.

I was really hoping to avoid induction, but at this point with my BP not going down (today was 145/96) they want to induce this week!! I am scheduled to go in tomorrow night at 6pm and get cervadil. Then she said they will evaluate where I am on Thursday morning and go from there!!

I am so nervous. I was not feeling anxious or scared at all until today... now I'm freaking out. I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I don't know what to expect. But I feel like everything is happening so fast now and it scares me!
April 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry that you're feeling anxious about it all--it's completely understandable. It sounds like they're being careful...definitely not a time to take risks. Sounds like you're in good hands, so that's good. Hoping that everything works out for the best!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 9th, 2013, 06:17 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
Hopefully everything goes well for you and your little one.

April 9th, 2013, 09:55 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Thinking of you! I think I will end up in the same situation (induction due to high BP) and I know it sounds so scary!! But I'm sure you are in good hands! Good luck tomorrow! Keep us updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search