how are you doing with your LO's?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MapleGranola
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By Capeladybug
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 2 Post By CrochetingMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
how are all you ladies doing with your LO's?? I know some have not had them yet but just wondering how everyone is doing?

I have been a bit stressed with a VERY fussy, gassy baby that always wants to be held haha we are slowly getting into it but man oh man it gets stressful!

LO does NOT want to be put down to sleep which is very tiring my SO is getting it we have both had some breakdowns but we both are each others saviors he saves me when I need a break and vice versa! I love her to death but holy crap this is a LOT different that I thought! Didn't think it would be easy but she cried for HOURS last night for no reason for the first night home that was VERY frustrating!

April 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
We're doing wonderful. Our first night at home wasn't all that bad. After trying a few different things I realized what he likes and we slept for 3.5 hours straight. Tried the moby today and he loves it, Slept for 3 hours straight two separate times.
Cloth diapering is going well, even DH is doing great with it.
Landen is also a champ at nursing which makes things much easier. My milk came fully in just 48 hours after having him.
DH and I are just beyond in love!
Capeladybug likes this.

Last edited by MapleGranola; April 14th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
April 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
that's awesome! i am just hoping Lilly comes out of her very fussy-ness whenever she is awake shes always crying, yelling. but i do love her more than anything!

April 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ingrid likes to be held. A lot. And isn't sleeping so great at night thanks to that. And she eats a lot, which is ok, but frustrating when combined with the lack of sleep. She seems to be constantly either fussing for food or fussing because she isn't being held. DH is back to work tomorrow and it's causing stress because although she isn't even 2 weeks old, he is complaining that he "needs to get his sleep because he has to go to work" like I have some sort of magic solution to making her sleep longer that I'm just keeping to myself for fun.

I'm eager for a little more consistent sleep and sleep that can be done by herself in her room. We had such a great few nights there and they've kind of disappeared the last few. I maybe got 5 disjointed hours last night and less the night before. Both nights she ended up on my chest, which means lower quality sleep for me.
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney6983 View Post
that's awesome! i am just hoping Lilly comes out of her very fussy-ness whenever she is awake shes always crying, yelling. but i do love her more than anything!
Lurking- reading birth stories.

Do you have a moby wrap or something similar? She was held close in your womb for 9 months and wants to continue. Having a wrap or some kind of baby carrier would be a life saver for you plus you would be hands free. Or what about swaddlemes or wombies they can help baby feel secure. Congrats on your new baby girl!

April 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ Ditto the wrap/carrier suggestion!

So far, Anna is still sleepy a lot of the time. She's breast feeding really well, and so far has not been fussy at all. We'll see...I'm sure that will change as she gets older and more alert.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 14th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Going great here as well! We sometimes have to wake Bella up to eat... crazy! My son HAD to eat every 1 1/2 - 2 hours for like the first year of his life, so this is completely new to me! She's sleeping 3 - 4 hours at a time. She was waking up almost every hour when I had her in the cosleeper. Once I realized she slept much much longer in the rock n play, we switched her to that at night and its been great. Guess she doesn't like sleeping flat.

The first kid is the hardest... its such a life change, and nothing can prepare you, you can never know what to expect until you experience it. Once you get into the groove it'll be better.

*thank you*Kiliki*

April 14th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Super Mommy
Miss M, DH and I are still learning but we are so very in love. She has her cranky times, and yes she is very gassy but we knew we weren't brining a doll home and we just go with the flow. We are learning what sooths her, her awake times and her sleepy times. She loves to be held and especially lay on my chest and I couldn't love it more. The first week I think I held her all night long and dozed on and off bc I just didn't want to put her down! I would say overall we are doing great!
Missa_Mae likes this.
April 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing alright, she is a little cuddle bug and loves to be held, first night we tried the co-sleeper and 2nd night that was gone and now we cuddle lol. Nights have been hit and miss, she likes to cluster feed and the few nights that she did it late in the evening she slept a 4-5 hour stretch at night. My nipples have been having a rough go of it, can't wait till they adjust and the sensitivity wears down. She's had a few fussy moments, and a few at night, but nothing consistent or persistent. Not yet anyways. Overall she is a little doll, her sister adores her and we are adjusting pretty well. Husband goes back to work tomorrow and I'm a little worried about staying home alone with both girls but we'll take it 1 day at a time.
April 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
Ingrid likes to be held. A lot. And isn't sleeping so great at night thanks to that. And she eats a lot, which is ok, but frustrating when combined with the lack of sleep. She seems to be constantly either fussing for food or fussing because she isn't being held. DH is back to work tomorrow and it's causing stress because although she isn't even 2 weeks old, he is complaining that he "needs to get his sleep because he has to go to work" like I have some sort of magic solution to making her sleep longer that I'm just keeping to myself for fun.

I'm eager for a little more consistent sleep and sleep that can be done by herself in her room. We had such a great few nights there and they've kind of disappeared the last few. I maybe got 5 disjointed hours last night and less the night before. Both nights she ended up on my chest, which means lower quality sleep for me.
Wow! Honestly same boat! Lilly does nottttt like to be put down at all like this AM I put her down she was sleeping I had to pee she instantly woke up screaming .. She sleeps on my chest at night... She doesn't like her bouncer nor her swing ... Only difference is my SO had to go to work this week,., I'm home alone this week after on,y 2 days home... It's already been hard normally SO will take her for a few min so I can do something

April 15th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
We are doing great My preemie baby is growing into a newborn *yay*

I am exclusively pumping due to latching issues so that is exhausting but I want her to get BM so I'm doing it! She sleeps in her rock n play right next to me (I'm sleeping on the couch since SO has to get up early for work & I don't want to wake him.) She sleeps about 2 hours at a time ...

Have you tried gas drops or gripe water? I give Tessa gripe water when she has an uncomfy tummy & it calms her down right away!
Cortney6983 likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 15th, 2013, 07:22 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Considering George is still in the NICU...doing fine. She doesn't particularly fuss to be held, and most times we can calm her down with a tight swaddle. She only really cries when you do a diaper change or something. The rest of the time she does this sleepy little grumble that I just call 'b itchin'

Got a weird look from a passing nurse when I picked her up and said "Quit yer b itchin', George." Especially since her first name is the one that is hung up in her room. But by now they all know the baby in room 5 is 'George'. Haha.

She still won't eat but she'll get it eventually.
Missa_Mae and Cortney6983 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search