Mad at my body!!!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By bellasky
  • 3 Post By AngieLMG
  • 1 Post By The Jenny
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By MellowYellow
  • 2 Post By anjawb
  • 1 Post By jen747
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By ashley22pa
  • 3 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By LeedaRenee
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By sarahlorrain

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 03:59 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Just need to vent...hope you don't mind!
I am so unhappy with my body. I have had a baby before. My water broke at 37 weeks and a few days. I went to the hospital, and my body did what it was supposed to do: my cervix dilated, I had contractions and within 12 hours I had a baby without needing any induction medications. He was healthy and everything was just like I had heard it would be. This time, I feel like my body has failed me. Yes, I am still a week away from my due date, but my blood pressure is creeping up, even on bed rest. I'm up to almost 150's again and I know its time to have this baby before I have any complications from it. But my body is not ready. Baby is super high, causing me heartburn like crazy, I have not lost my plug (had classic plug loss last time), cervix is long, firm, closed. I have not had a single contraction. What in the heck is my body waiting for? I am so happy for all of you mamas who have had your babies, but its hard to watch first time moms go early, while I stress over my BP and wait for my second baby!! I just never thought it would be this way considering my textbook first experience. Wah wah wah...I know. I just didn't want to be induced. I want my body to do what its supposed to do. Either get my BP down and bake baby another week or two or go into labor on my own!! Ok, that's all. Thanks for listening!

Last edited by plastikmom; April 15th, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
April 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I'm sorry you're having it so rough. Hopefully things start picking up for you.
plastikmom likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Veteran
Hang in there and have faith!! As Ina May says, "your body is not a lemon". Just when you need it to, I'm betting it'll do just fine. For what it's worth, this time around, my water broke and nothing happened for 10 hours. I had to get a tiny dose of pitocin to get things going. I was so upset- shouldn't my body have known what to do??? But it all worked out fine in the end and I was able to have the birth I wanted- my body just needed a little reminder. I'll be praying things start turning around for you!

April 15th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry....I had to be induced and this is my 3rd baby....My first I was induced, my second came on her own and then Alexandria I needed to be induced again....sometimes our bodies just dont work the way we want them to. I know it sucks....baby will be here soon
plastikmom likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 05:31 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya. I had a pretty easy pregnancy with DD and then when it came time for labor it just didn't happen and we ended up inducing. This time I've had a few different complications and thought maybe my body is on the right track for going into labor nAturally but so far nothing. Very few BH but other than that not a thing. I have a feeling Ill be induced again and it's hard to be ok with it when the one thing I really wanted this time (besides a healthy baby) was to experience the whole water breaking/timable contractions at home.
plastikmom likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 05:39 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Unfortunately, our bodies don't always do what we want them to, and I definitely know how stressful that can be!! I've been induced with 2 of mine (1 late and 1 early - the early one because of PIH). And even with my other 3, I have had to have pitocin every time, even though my water broke on its own. My body just can't seem to get all the steps together!!
plastikmom likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mommy in the Making
I'm sorry you are going thru this! I'd be frustrated too...hugs!
plastikmom likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 06:40 AM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
Your frustration is totally understandable! Luckily, after your LO gets here, what your feeling now will seem meaningless, however it happens.

I will be sending you labor vibes though! I hope it happens on its own!
MommysPocket and plastikmom like this.

April 15th, 2013, 06:45 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced late last time, and even the induction took forever, and I remember that feeling of frustration & wondering why. You just never know how it's going to happen. I'm not due for another week either, and I haven't even had a single BH yet. Several people have called or messaged me, asking why the baby hasn't come yet---makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong! I am happy to wait it out, but still keep wondering what's going to happen this time. I'm sorry you have the BP issues to deal with on top of it.
plastikmom likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I wanted my first labor experience to be the whole thing ... water breaking at home, contractions before getting to the hospital ... easy birth, etc.

Yeah ... that didn't happen. My water ruptured at 36 weeks and I had no idea it was my water for almost 12 hours - then decided to go to the hospital. They waited to see if I"d go into labor on my own - nope. Hooked up to Pitocin ... experience Pit contractions which are apparently worse than normal contractions ... failed my first epi & felt everything. Got another epi & it worked (thank God!) Was in labor for almost 22 hours, pushed for 2 hours and finally baby was here.

I am hoping the next one will go as I want but I know you can't plan anything ... especially birth!
plastikmom likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I'm sorry! I don't have the high BP but it is hard waiting and hoping your body does what it is supposed to do! Not to mention like you said-watching all the babies being born is wonderful and frustrating at the same time. I hope your BP goes down and you go into labor on your own!
plastikmom likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

April 15th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We would have been crappy cave women!!! I took all of these steps the shots, and everything to prevent an early baby...now she's stuck!!! I feel you!
April 15th, 2013, 08:02 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry! I hope something happens for you soon!
plastikmom likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, it will not seem as terrible and depressing once you have that little baby in your arms and this will be a distant (?) memory
plastikmom likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand some of your feelings. My first went until 42 weeks and that was a long wait. I was sure that this one would come earlier because my body has done this before! I have the added stress of really wanting a vbac and getting scared that the longer baby stays inside past her "due date" the less likely that is to happen. My cervix is still in the back and closed tight so even though I am past 40 weeks it doesn't feel like much is happening. Hang in there. I hope that your blood pressure stays stable and that your little man is just waiting until closer to your due date.
plastikmom likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 08:59 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! I hope it happens for you soon!
plastikmom likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I am hoping the next one will go as I want but I know you can't plan anything ... especially birth!
Isn't that the truth.
Thanks for letting me vent about my feelings. I am completely aware that I am being a complete whiner and the only thing that matters is that baby is healthy. The control freak in me just gets unleashed sometimes.
I have watched most of season 3 of the Walking Dead from the couch today and calmed down a bit....its hard to stress about my life when people are getting eaten alive by zombies. Now what that show is doing to my blood pressure might be another story!!!!
April 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well... Walking dead is a good one to watch! I love it, but it can't be good for the Blood pressure!!! LOL I watched the whole entire season...Now I am watching SCANDAL... I really like it! I am trying to find things to do with myself...I even ordered a book, and it won't be here for a few more days... I'm hoping it's one my dh will be bringing me to the hospital!!! We will see! You are not whining...and if you want to call it whining, I say you are entitled! Just enjoy the tv and hang in there one more day!
April 16th, 2013, 02:03 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikmom View Post
Isn't that the truth.
Thanks for letting me vent about my feelings. I am completely aware that I am being a complete whiner and the only thing that matters is that baby is healthy. The control freak in me just gets unleashed sometimes.
I have watched most of season 3 of the Walking Dead from the couch today and calmed down a bit....its hard to stress about my life when people are getting eaten alive by zombies. Now what that show is doing to my blood pressure might be another story!!!!
LOL I don't see how this calmed you down. It always gets me upset. I enjoy the story line but it gives me feelings of stress to watch the show. I only do it for DH

BUt whatever works for you

I know it's not the same, but I've often felt that my body has betrayed me this pregnancy. I've had sciatic nerve pain that is debilitating some days, I've got 2 hernias, and my left leg is exploding with varicose veins (I've never had one in my life and my 2 y/o called them poop when she saw them )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search