Monday check in

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 07:49 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's going on this week?

Appointments/scans?

Inductions/sections?

Any more baby news from the weekend?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 15th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an appointment for this morning. I am not going to get checked this time because it was disappointing last time. I prefer to think that my body might be actually doing something since I am past 40 weeks now.

I am feeling a little down the farther I get from my due date because somehow I got it in my head that my chances for a vbac were higher if I didn't go past my "due date". My first daughter was huge and came down into my pelvis at a terrible angle at 42 weeks. I am nervous that this one is getting big too and she hasn't even dropped yet so I am worried there won't be room to come down at a good angle.
April 15th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aww, I'm still routin for that VBAC!!

I had pre-op this AM. I'm scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow AM for my section. Craziness!!
Purple_cat likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
39 week appointment today. Very excited!

April 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Appointment tomorrow. He said they would check me but I told him Id rather not. He also wants to talk induction because that's the route we had to go last time. Dr knows Im going to push it as far as possible but wants to get a plan thought about just in case. :/

April 15th, 2013, 08:53 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an appointment on Friday. I'll be 38 w 2 d. All 4 of my kids have colds. I'm hoping and praying dh and I don't catch it and they all get better before I go into labor!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my 39 week appointment this afternoon. A week ago my cervix was closed, so we'll see what's happening today. If she can, she'll do a sweep of the ol' membranes.

Also not wanting to go beyond my due date in hopes of a smooth VBAC.
April 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just got back from my appointment. 38 weeks and 5 days. I am at 1 cm, but I know that doesn't mean much of anything. Basically she said hopefully she won't see me next week. Baby's head is fully engaged and low. Been having contractions on an off for a while now....nothing now!
April 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, and my appt is Thursday. I was 1cm at my appt on Friday. I'm not having any contractions or signs that things are happening.

So happy to report that the last of my big projects was crossed off the list this morning, so aside from the usual cleaning, I can pretty much relax & feel ready for whenever he's ready to arrive!
MommysPocket likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mommy :)
Appt Thursday

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
April 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I go in tomorrow night for cervidil placement and they will start the pitocin on Wednesday morning (induction because of my gestational hypertension) So if all goes as planned we will be meeting baby boy sometime Wednesday. I am coming to terms with this.....
April 15th, 2013, 01:12 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
Had my 39 week appt today. Was 1 cm, had my membranes stripped which brought me to 2 cm. Baby is head down, doctor felt his head again. I feel really strange now after having my membranes stripped, I hope things get started soon!
jen747 likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

April 15th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikmom View Post
I go in tomorrow night for cervidil placement and they will start the pitocin on Wednesday morning (induction because of my gestational hypertension) So if all goes as planned we will be meeting baby boy sometime Wednesday. I am coming to terms with this.....
Is that with the doctor that you like? I can't remember the scheduling.
April 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Appt on Thursday afternoon. Been having more intense contractions over the last 2 days but still not regular or timeable yet. DH replaced our deck this weekend!! I am super excited about it, it's only needed to be done since we bought the house 3 years ago. But he decided that as much as I like to sit out there and as much as I prefer to use the back stairs to get into the house he had probably go ahead and get it done. My mom laughed that instead of me nesting he is the one nesting, since I still haven't had that urge yet. lol

April 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
I have my 6 week post partum check tomorrow. Not as exciting as everyone elses appointments.
April 15th, 2013, 02:09 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had Anna's first newborn check up today with the pediatrician, even though we just left the hospital yesterday. It was great! She's nearly back to birth weight already, and everything looks good. Her bilirubin is low/intermediate, and he was confident that with BF on demand and a little bit of sunlight that she'd be fine. We go back at 2 months.
MommysPocket likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Had my 38w check up yesterday. I'm 70% effaced, dilated to a 2, head us down and engaged. I've had contractions ever since my appt whenever I'm standing, walking etc and when I'm sitting or laying down every so often. I've noticed more discharge so I'm pretty close. Any day now. (I usually deliver in 38w). I'm 38w4d today. :-)
April 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran
I had 3 hrs very fast contractions Sunday-Monday overnight then 7 hrs regular timeable ones last night. Both times they went away as soon as I got a sitter over for my older kids. Frustrating!!! I did lose the mucus plug and am 2 cm, and baby dropped yesterday. I lost 5 lbs between Friday and today, which is weird. Did that happen to anyone else?
April 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I have an appt tomorrow morning (Wed). I am meeting with pediatrician first, then my 38 week appt. At my last appt baby was head down, I was about 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I have increased amount of pelvic pain and a couple people said I looked like I dropped. I also started losing my mucus plug so I am hoping to hear there has been more progress fx!

Forever missing my angel 2010

April 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still 3-4 cm dilated, and she said my cervix still feels a little thick

I started having horrible contractions yesterday, and they got so bad last night that it woke me up a few times. She put me on the monitor today to see if baby was tolerating contractions well...and he was.

I'm pretty miserable at this point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search