Back labor?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By anjawb
  • 1 Post By *Anya*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 01:52 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Those of you who have had this what does it feel like. Every time I've heard someone talking about it they just mention a pain in the lower back. A couple times last week and then starting sat I've had a few more(at least 2-3 a day which isn't much but I am getting them more and more each day) I've had this weird pain. It starts in my lower back, and it kinda pulses, with each 'pulse' it gets stronger and higher up my back(never actually leaving my lower back it just spreads up) until it reaches all the way to my neck and stays there for few pulses, sometimes longer than others, then goes away completely. I have back problems, have had them for years, I've never had this happen before, but everyone I've talked to says that the back pain with labor is lower and goes with the pain in the front, and I am not having any pains in the front(well one time last week when it happened I had pain low and in front but just the once). So I don't know if this is just something my back is doing because of all the weight of baby or if these are contractions that I'm only feeling in my back. What do ya'll think?

April 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't tell for sure what you are having but when I had back labor I only noticed it when I was in active labor. And I didn't really realize that it wasn't normal until I found out during labor that my baby was posterior. I just remember feeling the contractions very intensely in my back and needing A LOT of pressure on my back/ hips to counteract the sensations I was having.

Do you know what position your baby is in? When is your next doctor's appointment?

Hopefully some other people will chime in with ideas too.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 02:16 PM
All I know is that she is head down, or at least she has been for the last several weeks, so I'm assuming she still is, other than that I don't know. Next doc's appt is Thursday.

April 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I would ask at your next appointment if they can tell what position she is in. If she is posterior you may be feeling some contractions in your back. In the meantime you can help get her in a good position by spending time on your hands and knees and not reclining. Keeping good posture and walking helps too.
April 15th, 2013, 06:54 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I had back labor, and it was intense back pain with each contraction. I did have it with frontal pain as well, but I think especially in early labor it could definitely just be the back pain, especially if you have back issues already.

April 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My back labor felt like my hips were being torn apart. Contractions hurt all over but there was an intense pain/pressure in my back and hips.
April 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I already spend a lot of time on my hands and knees. I found a while back that it seems to help some of my back problems but I will add the not reclining into my daily schedule.

Although this could all be mute at this point. I am about to call the doc's office in a couple of mins when they open up and I have a feeling they are sending me to the hospital. Little girl isn't moving much today, in fact I've only felt her a couple of times and over the last couple weeks she has been moving a TON and add that on top of the fact that I am feeling absolutely horrid today DH is getting worried and wants me to at least call and see what they want me to do.

April 16th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I am glad that you are calling. Let us know if you end up going in.
April 16th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Well they sent me to the hospital for a NST and u/s. Hopefully will know something soon.

April 17th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Well by the time I got out of L&D last night there was no power at home to update you guys(we had a small fire that took out a couple of power poles in town). Ok so they did a biophysical u/s and the NST. She scored great. Everything looks good, although the nurses said they had wondered a little bit if they were going to end up keeping me with the way I was contracting but then they stopped being regular and went back to be pretty irregular so I was released to go home. As far as me feeling bad they think I may have just got a little touch of a cold or something similar and told me to take some Tylenol and drink plenty of fluids(which I was already doing so we'll see what happens there).

April 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad baby is doing well! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search