How are the new mamas feeling?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By bananamagic
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 3 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
How are you ladies recovering? I'm doing great! A little PPB still but nothing major I think with the easy delivery and labor I got a cranky bay! But I love her so much! She's so friggen cute!

I was giving her bottled breast milk this am and she was doing the rooting thing where she opens her mouth über wide and shakes her head back and forth haha I need to get video of it I love it

Have you been hungry much since baby? I have noticed I have not been very hungry I figured I would be due to her not being stuffed in there but I'm not! When i do eat its a little bit

April 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Veteran
I am already 4 weeks post partum. I am still sore sometimes from section and get tired if I do too much, but am so glad to have my energy back!
Cortney6983 likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel great! Recovery has been much easier this time, so far. Some soreness initially, and some contractions while pumping/BF at first. But now, other than the constipation, I can't complain.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
4 weeks postpartum here ... feeling ok. Soreness is pretty much gone and I think my stitches have dissolved by now. My bowels are still not back to normal but I'm dealing with it.

Dealing with a bit of PPD, getting checked out next week but it was expected so we're doing the best we can
Cortney6983 likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
4 weeks postpartum here ... feeling ok. Soreness is pretty much gone and I think my stitches have dissolved by now. My bowels are still not back to normal but I'm dealing with it.

Dealing with a bit of PPD, getting checked out next week but it was expected so we're doing the best we can
My bowel movements are weird too I forgot how much pee you can actually hold! Coughing is weird or sneezing lol

I think I have PPD not bad but enough that I want to talk to my OB about it

April 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
Hugs to you...good for you for reaching out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney6983 View Post
Definitely talk to your doctor, even if it seems mild. It's not worth trying to struggle through it alone, even if it isn't bad. At least that way, your doctor would be aware of it, even if you don't end up needing any treatment or anything.
Mel_Kay, Missa_Mae and Cortney6983 like this.

April 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I would say this has been my easiest recovery, or pretty close. It's very similar to how I felt with #3. My 1st and 4th were both very long and difficult recoveries, but I feel back to normal already with this one (except the more-than-a-few pounds still hanging on).

As for eating, it depends on the day. I have some days where I am completely ravenous and others where I'm not that hungry. I'm still trying to make sure I get plenty to eat, but my biggest struggle has been keeping up on the water. I'm good when I'm at work, but there's so many things I'm trying to do at home that I often forget to drink as much as I should.

April 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!

Last edited by Karilynn6; April 16th, 2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: delete
April 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I think my recovery has been pretty good. I was a little worried about the pain a few days afterward, but I think my stiches were just irritated from the underwear I was wearing (they had a seam up the middle - bad idea). Now, I'm almost 2 weeks post-delivery and I feel mostly normal, just a little sore and constipated. My weight dropped almost immediately, and I only have about 5 or 6 pounds to go, but of course everything is all soft and mushy in the middle. My aunt called it a marshmallow tummy, which I think was spot-on after delivery.

My appetite has been smaller since delivery, but I do find myself very hungry when I wake up for feedings very early in the morning (5ish), I guess from breast feeding throughout the night.

Courtney - it IS so crazy how our bladders hold so much more now. I'm amazed every time I go to the bathroom, which thankfully is no longer every 30 minutes!
April 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Doing alright, tired and sore in the downstairs department. Got some baby blues, which caught me off guard since I didn't have anything like that with my first, thankfully the placenta pills are like little miracles. I feel a difference in my mood within an hour of taking them.
April 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM
^ That's so interesting!
Missa_Mae likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortney6983 View Post

I would def mention it to your OB. It may be mild now but it can get worse just overnight and the sooner you talk to your OB about the better off you'll be!

I am a high risk for PPD just due to my existing depression/anxiety condition ... but we've been watching it (we meaning me and my OB) since the beginning.

As for my appetite - it took a few weeks for it to come back. When I was in the hospital I didn't want to eat at all, and the feeling of needing to pee took a week to come back ... and even now i"ll notice I can go 6 hours and say "oh wait, I should probably pee" lol

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search