How are the Daddies?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
How are the dads doing??

Are they helping like they should? Changing diapers? Feeding (if they can)? Letting you rest?

My SO is a nazi with my breast milk ... he does everything for me. Sets the pump up, stores the milk, freezes the milk, organizes the milk, makes bottles. I'm in Heaven lol.

Sleeping is difficult because he is working & I am not (right now) so I have been sleeping out in the living room with the baby by me in the rock n play - so he can get some sleep. But some nights it's tough to do it on my own and I have to ask for help, especially like last night when she was fussy from midnight until 5am!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 16th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
We have gone though some crazy changes with Lilly we have both had a few break downs but we both console each other in that time... My SO is AMAZING! He is such a great helper honestly didnt see he would be this amazing at helping but it's been nice when he gets home from work he takes her feeds her changes her loves on her while I do things I want/ need... He gets frustrated at times but who doesn't? He is learning her as am I. The on,y time I feel envious is when I'm up all night withheld fussing and screaming and he sleeps but it's me being an a hole because I'm exhausted. He goes to work so that's hard enough with a newborn screaming all night I love pumping because it gives me freedom for a bit she has no issues getting back on the boob ! So yeah he is amazing he has the magic touch she will stop crying when he holds her haha daddy's girl!

April 16th, 2013, 10:14 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has been good, now... At first he was not very confident in what he was doing and it made things harder for me because I had to guide him through everything. I only woke him up once a night to take care of the baby when he was going to work so he wasn't getting a lot of experience.

However, He has already been on vacation for more than a week now and I wake him up every other time to take care of the baby. Also now that he is home during the day we take every other diaper change and he is a pro now. I can see that he is confident now that he knows what to do to get the baby settled. THANKFULLY we have a dream baby who only cries when he needs something like a diaper change or to eat so that has kept our frustration level down. He also sleeps well in between feedings so it's great.

I really don't have too much to complain about at this point so all is well on our front.
April 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's ok. Honestly, having his mom here is stressing him out a lot. And when he's stressed, he's not much help. He also hasn't been feeling well...the stress of being in the hospital, and worrying about Anna, and then having his mom here...it's affecting him physically. He also wasn't taking ALL of his meds when we were in the hospital. So...yeah. He will be better when things get a little more "normal."

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubs is awesome. He nags me about keeping up my water, deals with the toddler as much as possible, will help cook dinner, does most of the chores, changes diapers equally, and will attempt to soothe Ingrid while I scarf down some meals between her feedings. And even though he is back to work, he tries to help at night. Like last night he held her for 2 hours so I could get just a little sleep, even though he had to be up early. He is also great at listening to me vent and trying to keep me calm during overnight stress time.

I wish sometimes he'd hold her more, but it's a minor complaint.
linds2012 likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband is just all around awesome! He has always been real hands on with all my babies. It makes me fall in love with him all over again watching him care for Aaron.

He does all the diaper changes in the middle of the night and I nurse. But last night our 3am feeding didn't go as smoothly. Aaron nursed off and on and mainly fussed so hubby brought him down stairs to fix a bottle and fed him. He also lets me sleep in.
Missa_Mae likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
April 16th, 2013, 07:44 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
My SO is great with George and the whole deal. He stores and labels breastmilk for me and such. Changes her diapers. We switch off on feeds at the hospital, etc.

April 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, our little guy just arrived this AM and we are still in the hospital. Hubby is Mr. Mom for the week with the big kids. He's in charge of getting Zac on the bus in the AM and picked up in the afternoon (1/2 day Kindy) He also has our 3 year old all day while Zac is in school to watch after. He is not used to having the kids full time/all day like that so it ought to be interesting to see how he handles my "job" for the week ; ) He's an awesome hands on Dad though.

April 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is doing wonderful. He never seems that involved during the pregnancy but just like with our first on he pops o form once baby arrived. He is happy I have ben pumping so he can feed. He takes his fair share of late night feedings and hangs with baby when I need a ap, shower, etc. yesterday he went with me for baby's first dr appt. He is such a wonderful father!

April 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
He's great!

I leave him alone at night unless I really need help like a new outfit or last night I needed the thermometer because baby felt warm to me. But it's easier for me to just change baby and latch him than to wake DH and have him change the diaper and then hand him back to me to nurse.

During the days he is home he changes the diapers and does all of the housework for me. He loves to give baby a bath too. I usually let him do most of the baby care on his days off and get lots of cuddles because he works such long hours and gets zero time on work days.

April 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He has been amazing! The midwife wanted me on bed rest for the first 3-5 days after delivery and he did everything! Took care of our 4 year old, brought me food to bed, did all the laundry and cleaning. When I first started cloth diapering our first baby he wanted nothing to do with diapers, last week he did diaper laundry twice he is back to work this week and I miss him and all the help lol. He spoiled me.
April 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
It was a slow start, but he has been great the last few weeks. He watches her when I need to get out of the house, he handles a lot of the diaper changes when he is home, and he will take a night feeding when I ask so that I can get longer sleep. We have a very noisy baby so frequently I sleep on the couch downstairs and he sleeps in the room with her and wakes me when she is ready to be fed (because he sleeps through her noises much better than me). That is very helpful.
April 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
He is so amazing! Funny thing while we were still pregnant he tells me "i will never change a diaper! Maybe pee, but not ever touching a poopy diaper!!" So i tell him "ya know the 1st diaper after he is born they make you change, that way you learn to do it" He says "nope not me they can't make me do it" and guess what? the 1st week of his life i only changed maybe 4 diapers lol Hes actually excited to do it, he would get up with him in the middle of the night change him and bring him to me for feedings without even being asked He left for Alaska for the summer on Sunday though. He is so bummed that hes not going to be around and not going to see him until he is at least 3 months old

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search