Movement at 39 Weeks?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What has been your experience? DD was pretty active even on the day they induced me. But today baby has t been active at all. I was just at the dr yesterday and heart rate was fine and baby was active. We went for a pretty long walk last night but baby was still active when we got home. I woke up about 2 hours ago and have had maybe 5 or 6 very short movements and I think most were from me bending over and such. Also, I didn't have to get up once last night, normally I'm up 3 or 4 times.

I'm starting to get a little worried but the Dr doesn't open for another half hour. I've had a glass of juice, cold water and am eating peanut utter toast right now. Any suggestions?

April 17th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My movement has decreased. I talked to the doctor about it on Monday and they weren't concerned. They said literally to time it over 2 hours. Even though I said it was less. But as always, when you aren't comfortable call and wait. I am panicking a lot lately too. I am 38 weeks 6 days, with a history of preterm labor, and I'm still sitting here pregnant...thankfully I've made it this far, but with anxiety too!!! Hang in there and let me know how you make out when you call. (they do sleep at longer increments now. )
April 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Well I called about 45 min ago and am still waiting for a call back. I found some left over jelly beans (yuck) and have gotten a little more movement from baby since then. Just weird that baby was active like normal when I went to bed and then not a single thing all night or morning. :/ I know they are suppose to slow down near the end but I didn't expect it to be cut and dry like that. Plus it never happened with DD so it's new to me.

April 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine has slowed down quite a bit lately except during her most active time in the evening. I think it is good that you called, it is always better to call and be safe. Are there things you do that always make the baby move? For me any time I get in the bath tub the baby wakes up and starts moving a lot. Or can you poke at her?

I have also heard that babies sometimes slow down a lot a day or two before labor starts, so maybe that is happening? Keep us updated and let us know what the doctor says!
MommysPocket likes this.
April 17th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Ill be ecstatic if it means labor is near lol. The mornings are normally the most active time which is why it caught me so off guard. We have a routine. DD wakes up and climbs in bed with me and she always wants to talk to the baby and the baby is normally very alert once she starts talking. It's super cute. So when she was doing her morning chat and baby wasn't doing nything I got nervous. But we've had some pretty consistNt movement since then, still slower than normal but moving.

I'm just keeping an eye on timing. It would be amazing if this meant labor was near lol.

April 17th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aaron remained active up until delivery. They kept having to readjust the fetal monitor because he was moving so much. I think he was still active because he was extremely high in my ribs and in no way engaged and ready for birth. I remember the movement slowed somewhat with my others but they were dropped and ready for birth.

Mommy to 4 boys
April 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I noticed that she slowed down quite a bit the day I was in labor. Otherwise she stayed pretty active. Definitely doesn't hurt to be safe...I had strict instructions to call if I noticed any less movements.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 17th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Small Update: baby is moving slowly, but moving. Dr. office called me back at 4pm. (?!) They said it sounds like I did everything right and that 5 movements in two hours is acceptable at this point. If I get worried again I can go up to L&D to be monitored.

DD was active up until labor too so I think that's why it worried me. I don't feel like I've dropped yet, no contractions or bloody show. May be baby is just tired today. Maybe labor is right around the corner....

April 17th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that you called and have talked to the doctor's office. Hopefully it means that labor is right around the corner and your baby is just resting up!
MommysPocket likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search