sleep times

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
How does your LO sleep? I try the loud wake times ( she not awake long) with light but she is always sleeping but will randomly wake at night and be up for hours not sure if its just because shes young but i dont know how or when to do the sleep wake stuff she sleeps most of the day

April 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anna is asleep most of the time. She has been feeding every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day, and every 2.5 - 3 hours at night. Otherwise, she's mostly sleeping. With both girls, we've done things like keep the room dark and minimize noise/interaction/talking/playing, etc. at night time. At night we pretty much do diaper change if there's poop, then feed, then back in bed, with as little light on as possible.

The other thing is that it's still very early. What I found is that Grace fell into her own pattern of bedtime/sleeping within several weeks, and I followed her lead. But in the very early days, there may not be a pattern yet.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
At night, I keep one small dim light on and I avoid talking and/or playing with her during feedings and diaper changes. This helps minimize stimulation which causes her to wake up (or so I've learned)

During the day it's mainly natural light ... the blinds are open, the sunshine is in the house, the TV is on ... when she is awake we do tummy time or I'll read her a book ... stuff to keep her stimulated and awake.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 17th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
He sleeps 2.5 to 3 hours at a time. At night I have just a nightlight I use while I change his diaper and latch him then we lay back and nurse and both fall asleep.
During the day the curtains are open, tv is on and I talk to him when changing his diaper and such. He usually has 2 long awake times during the day where he is pretty alert and looking around.
Other than that its pretty much change diaper, nurse, sleep. I'll do a bath during one of his awake and alert times as well.
Missa_Mae likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
We're having a big problem with this. At first, she was sleeping most all of the time, with very periods of bring awake aside from changing and feeding, but now she has long periods of being awake, most of which are in the middle of the night. I try to keep things dark and quiet at night and bright and noisy during the day, but she hasn't adjusted yet. I really want to get her on a better sleep schedule, and I'd love to train her to sleep or longer periods of time at night. She just fights going back to sleep anytime between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.. It's so frustrating!
April 18th, 2013, 04:35 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Mine sleeps usually 3-4 hours at a time, day or night. He definitely sleeps better during the day and can be put in his car seat, moved around, laid in the playpen, etc. However, at night, he only sleeps cuddled up to me or on my chest. We only do diaper changes at night if he's dirty or if he leaks through wet, and we turn on the bathroom light to see into our bedroom to do that. It's not really a huge deal to me. I know this time is short, and I'm PRETTY sure there are no more for us so I'm trying to savor this!

April 18th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
Mine sleeps usually 3-4 hours at a time, day or night. He definitely sleeps better during the day and can be put in his car seat, moved around, laid in the playpen, etc. However, at night, he only sleeps cuddled up to me or on my chest. We only do diaper changes at night if he's dirty or if he leaks through wet, and we turn on the bathroom light to see into our bedroom to do that. It's not really a huge deal to me. I know this time is short, and I'm PRETTY sure there are no more for us so I'm trying to savor this!
Lilly was and still is a bit needing to sleep on me im.getting her to sleep in her play yard slowly i did the chest sleeping for the first few nights but i am way to scared i dont sleep

April 18th, 2013, 05:39 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One other thing I thought about last night is that both girls slept way better at night when swaddled. We've mostly used SwaddleMe blankets, and also the Woombie. Anna is sleeping well in her pack n play in the SwaddleMe. Just a thought, if you haven't already tried it.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 18th, 2013, 06:36 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Owen sleeps during the day better than night though last night he did well with longer stretches. 3-4 hours a stretch which is good for a 6 day old! Because he eats so much I have been pumping and making up bottles for night and this has also helped.

April 18th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
She sleeps most of the time with two long periods of awake time. During that time we take a bath (every 2-3 days), have tummy time, play on her playmat or in her bouncer, read books, or just sit and chat (usually about how beautiful and sweet she is and how much I love her). I use a SwaddleMe at night and only change her if she pooped. I keep lights off during the night feedings and don't talk to her. She is sleeping in her bassinet some, but she mainly sleeps in our bed. She makes so much noise when she sleeps (grunting) that it is easier to quiet her if she is in our bed. I just have to reach over and rub her tummy a little and she stops making the noise (at least for a little while). Hopefully the groaning noise will stop soon and we can keep her in her bassinet or bed. She usually sleeps 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 at night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search