Feeling like yourself again??

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By LeedaRenee
  • 1 Post By MapleGranola
  • 2 Post By bellasky
  • 1 Post By plastikmom
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 2 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By utexas10
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By bananamagic

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My body has finally gotten to a point where I feel like I am close to my old self again. My blood sugar and blood pressure have returned to normal for the last 10 days (14 days for blood sugar) and seems to have stabilized. (Thank goodness) My stitches and muscles seemed to have healed and I even have the strong urge to go back to work in my office.

I had DH set up Darion's pack and play and his little rocker chair next to my desk so that I can start working a little again on Monday.

I REALLYYYYYY want to exercise badly but my doctor said "Don't you dare".. Until she clears me at 6 weeks. So I have been obedient and am waiting.

How is everyone who has had their baby doing as far as getting back to "normal"?
April 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad your body is getting back to normal! I can't wait to feel normal again.
MsRK likes this.
April 19th, 2013, 12:30 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
One week postpartum and I feel wonderful. I'm back to pre pregnancy weight already and I have tons of energy. I can't wait to be able to actually exercise again. I've been walking a bit when it's nice out but I want to get back to running and weights.
MsRK likes this.

April 19th, 2013, 12:43 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I'm ready to feel normal again as well. I hope Isabelle hurries up so I can get back to normal
LeedaRenee and MsRK like this.

April 19th, 2013, 01:58 PM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm really glad you posted this. I noticed Darion is a little over a month old (and super cute) and its nice to hear that you are just starting to feel like your old self. I just had my C-section on Wednesday and already feel like I should feel better and look better, ect. Totally unrealistic. I have BP issues and am so swollen!! Even more so then before delivery. I am now taking BP meds and they make me a little tired and woozy. I worry about the baby all the time, which is making sleep almost impossible right now, between breast feeding and this silly new mama anxiety I am dealing with. So I'm tired and wish I had more energy. My hormones are a little nuts too. I get stressed easily and feel frustrated when there is too much noise/chaos. Hopefully in a month I will be feeling as good as you do!!!
MsRK likes this.
April 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I'm feeling pretty much like my old self. I'm also very anxious to get back to working out. I exercised most of the pregnancy, so it doesn't feel right to not exercise now. So far this recovery has been a breeze compared to my first. Not tearing or having stitches this time was much easier, even though last time I only had a small tear and two stitches.
MsRK likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastikmom View Post
I'm really glad you posted this. I noticed Darion is a little over a month old (and super cute) and its nice to hear that you are just starting to feel like your old self. I just had my C-section on Wednesday and already feel like I should feel better and look better, ect. Totally unrealistic. I have BP issues and am so swollen!! Even more so then before delivery. I am now taking BP meds and they make me a little tired and woozy. I worry about the baby all the time, which is making sleep almost impossible right now, between breast feeding and this silly new mama anxiety I am dealing with. So I'm tired and wish I had more energy. My hormones are a little nuts too. I get stressed easily and feel frustrated when there is too much noise/chaos. Hopefully in a month I will be feeling as good as you do!!!
Wow.. I certainly hope that you heal quickly. I know that frustration very well. They gave me blood pressure medication as well at the OB office after child birth but I refused to take it. I talked to my regular doctor and she said as long as she saw that I was gradually improving that I could hold off on the meds. I took my pressure three times a day and could see gradual improvement about every 2 or 3 days there was OBVIOUS improvement. Now my pressure is down to 122/78 - 126/82 over the last 10 days.

But I have continued to eat very healthy and have dropped a large amount of weight which I know is helping.

I hope that you have the same success and can come off of those meds quickly. GOOD LUCK! And thank you soo much for complimenting my cutey baby! He is such a sweetheart!
April 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel great and it's like I didn't have major surgery. I'm pretty lucky I think. My OB told me at my appt on Tuesday that I should go ahead and go back to belly dancing whenever I want. I think I might start slow next week- I'm looking forward to moving.

I can wear one pair of normal jeans, though the others not so much. I'm realizing I don't really have much in the way of casual pants- I'm used to gearing up in work clothes so I don't know what to put myself in every day, especially if I'm leaving the house. I don't want to be THAT mom in sweatpants out and about if I can help it!
MsRK and HalfDozen like this.

April 19th, 2013, 07:51 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I actually feel really good. I don't have nearly all my weight off, but that's okay. It usually comes off in large sections. I can wear several of my normal jeans, but with a muffin top. I've pretty much felt like myself since Saturday. I did have tearing this time, but it really has healed much more quickly than last time. This is probably the best recovery I've had since I had my 3rd.

I've walked a few times, and we have been up and about and running to the oldest's softball games with all the girls. Basically, I don't have time to be down, and since hubby can't take 6 weeks off like he did last time, I'm very thankful that it has gone so smoothly. My blood pressure didn't have any issues really while pregnant, but by the 2nd day in the hospital, it was down to 112/68 so that was also great.
MsRK likes this.

April 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Super Mommy
Other than being tired, I feel great!
MsRK likes this.
April 20th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad everyone is feeling good....still need to have this baby so I can get back to normal!!!!
MsRK likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post

I've walked a few times, and we have been up and about and running to the oldest's softball games with all the girls. Basically, I don't have time to be down.
No time to be down here either with softball and lacrosse in full swing right now. Colton will be the baby that goes with the flow since he will always be dragged along to his older siblings stuff. I am feeling great! I am so happy to be back to myself. I am still sore by my incision, especially when I have a super busy day, but I am enjoying being able to do things for myself again!!
MsRK likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't ever want to go back to work lol.. I do feel relatively normal though and I feel much more energetic now days

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search