The Baby Gear

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 1 Post By Karilynn6
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By nameetog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2013, 05:33 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those whose babies are here, how are they liking all of the baby gear you have? Anything they just don't like? Anything that has been a lifesaver so far?

What about the stuff like diapers, bottles, pacis, etc? Are they liking what you picked out?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
We don't use the pack n play for baby. It's next to our bed and I just use it for storage for diapers and clothes we might need in the middle of the night. Little man will not sleep in it at night at all.

Our cloth dipes have been a lifesaver, though a little big on him still. Sposies leak and blow out like crazy on him.

He's too small for our convertible car seat as well, so DH had to run out last night and buy an infant car seat until he gets a little bigger. My little peanut.

We haven't used a bottle and with how well EBF is going I'm hoping not to at all. Same with pacis. I used the one the hospital gave us for all of 5 minutes total so far in a week.

He definitely likes the fisher price swing. I can usually get him to sleep 3-3.5 hours at a time during the day in it.

We both adore the Moby! I love having him close to me and having two hands free; And he sleeps so peaceful in it.
MommysPocket likes this.

Last edited by Pretty Crispy; April 20th, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
April 20th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Super Mommy
The swaddlemes have been great and the stroller we go is amazing. She hates the bouncer so we probably could have lived without that.
April 20th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
She doesn't particularly like the fisher price little lamb swing ... thank goodness it was a hand me down from my nephew! She loves her bouncer and the rock n play has been a lifesaver with her mild reflux.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran
Evy loves her bouncer but doesn't care for the swing. She will sit in it every now and then, but not much. Otherwise, she is good with everything else we got.

April 20th, 2013, 01:23 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use the pack n play every night. So far, so good.

She's happy in her swing (fisher price cradle & swing). She'll nap there a lot. I don't leave her in it if she's awake, though.

She also likes the bouncy seat just fine, but I usually only put her in it if I'm using the bathroom or showering.

She seems to like the Moby so far.

We haven't used bottles yet. She will take a paci, but she doesn't HAVE to have it. We use mam pacis.

And diapers...we're using pampers swaddlers. So far, so good.

Lifesavers: SwaddleMe blankets and the swing.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 20th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Doesn't care for the swing (3rd kid that doesn't). Doesn't care for a pacifier I am not a fan anyway so I won't seek one out he does like. Does OK in the cosleeper and pack n play. Life saver = Moby Wrap! I'm grateful I got the larger weight limit carseat with more legroom

April 21st, 2013, 01:40 PM
Veteran
James really doesnt like the swing, which was a surprise,because all the other kids loved it.

My absolute favorite baby buy was the Boba Wrap, man we LOVE that thing!! I haven't even broken out the Maya sling yet!

Still love my Kissaluvs!

And an essential piece I used this time was a nipple shield, James had such a hard time latching in the first few days, one session using the shield and he "got" how to latch
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

April 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I LOVE my Rock & Play! I wasn't even sure if I should take it out of the box, because I didn't know if we would use it, but she does most of her sleeping in it and I love how mobile it is. She hasn't spent much time in the swing, and I haven't had her in her bassinet in over a week. We haven't used bottles and haven't tried out the pacis much at all. I also haven't switched to cloth diapers yet because I didn't buy any small enough, but I'm looking forward to trying them out.

What kind of bouncers are you ladies using? I don't have one, but I think she would like it.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
April 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I LOVE my Rock & Play! I wasn't even sure if I should take it out of the box, because I didn't know if we would use it, but she does most of her sleeping in it and I love how mobile it is. She hasn't spent much time in the swing, and I haven't had her in her bassinet in over a week. We haven't used bottles and haven't tried out the pacis much at all. I also haven't switched to cloth diapers yet because I didn't buy any small enough, but I'm looking forward to trying them out.

What kind of bouncers are you ladies using? I don't have one, but I think she would like it.
April 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are loving the Aden & Anais swaddling blankets.
April 21st, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HA! Pregnancy brain in effect NOT Moby MAYA wrap ring sling!

April 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran
I really like the swaddle me as we didn't have those with my other two and I hate wrapping in blankets. Also love our pack and play with the bassinet/changing table on top - that was a lifesaver for me to have downstairs after my section. He sleeps during the day in the bassinet, I change him there and keep everything I need for him in the bottom of it so I could sit on the couch and have it all right next to me (thanks to my good friend for buying this for me!). Had to switch bottles from Avent to Playtex, but am liking those. He likes the paci from the hospital but doesn't use it too much. He likes the swing and bouncers but isn't a huge fan. He loves his fisher price piano activity gym thing that we were given. He likes to grab at the animals. Was disappointed that he outgrew his bassinet so quickly as my other kids were in it much longer.

April 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
I LOVE our Rock N Play, as does he! He sleeps in it every night. Camden HATES being swaddled so we didn't use any of the aden & anais swaddlers for that purpose but have used them as light blankets in the car seat as well as nursing covers. He will sit in the swing only if he us on the verge of sleep otherwise it just makes him angry. He doesn't take a pacifier because of his tongue and lip tie issues, he is still learning how to use his tongue correctly and can't keep it in his mouth. Honestly sometimes I wish he would take one because he still hurts when I nurse him and he wants to nurse to sleep when really all he wants to do is suck so when he comes off he spits out the mouth of milk he has. The pros we're working with have recommended Dr. Brown's bottles so although I wanted to avoid all the little parts, I've given in. He hasn't yet taken a bottle but I'm going back to work two shifts a month in May so he needs to be able to take one. we also use our nap nanny (*gasp*) an awful lot in the living room when I need to put him down.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search