Favorite diapers...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2
  • 1 Post By Karilynn6
  • 3 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you picked a favorite diaper yet?

I got so many different brands of diapers for our baby shower that I had a chance to try out a few of them. And surprisingly, my favorite diapers are the Walmart/Parent's Choice brand diapers. Those things are amazing! Second place are the Pampers Swaddlers. But they aren't as long as the parent's choice diapers.

I haven't had a Walmart diaper leak yet and my baby can POOP!! He was pooping up the back of EVERY Huggies diaper that we used. It was so annoying. The crazy part is the Walmart diapers are so incredibly cheaper! You can't beat that.

So I guess I'm a walmart diaper Mom!
Cortney6983 likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
We had a lot of different diaper brands too - and we did use the Walmart ones for a while & they worked great!!!

However, I was really liking the Pampers Swaddlers until I tried the Huggies Snug & Dry and those are awesome!

*knock on wood* we haven't had a blow out yet in any diaper brand we've used ...
MsRK likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
We had a lot of different diaper brands too - and we did use the Walmart ones for a while & they worked great!!!

However, I was really liking the Pampers Swaddlers until I tried the Huggies Snug & Dry and those are awesome!

*knock on wood* we haven't had a blow out yet in any diaper brand we've used ...
That's awesome! Yeah the blow outs aren't fun. I just think that Darion is such a LONG baby and the Walmart diapers come up so high in the back and front. But like I said my baby can poop. I always tell him. "You poop like a man!!".. I told DH yesterday that he pooped with the force of 50 hippos! And ..he does too! *lol* You can hear it and feel it a mile away.

My funny baby...
Missa_Mae likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Cloth by far is our favorite. I've put a pampers and a huggies on at night a few times and every single time it leaks and blows out.
No more sposies for us.
MsRK likes this.

April 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
Cloth by far is our favorite. I've put a pampers and a huggies on at night a few times and every single time it leaks and blows out.
No more sposies for us.
A few of my friends have said the same about the cloth diapers. But how are they with locking away the wetness? Dr. Fuss makes an appearance if his diapers feel wet. The walmart diapers seem to lock it away VERY well. I have to get a few cloth ones and give it a try.
April 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I've been using a huge variety of disposable diapers (all gifted to us), and my favorite has been the Huggies Little Snugglers. We have only had a few minor leaks, and I didn't take note of which type of diapers they were - I just assumed that whoever changed baby last didn't put the diaper on quite right.

Yesterday, I used my first cloth diaper (a Gerber pre-fold using a jelly roll fold with a Thirsties cover) and she leaked majorly in a short period of time. I was pretty disappointed. I'm sure it's because I didn't get the pre-fold on her quite right - it was pretty loose around the legs. I guess practice makes perfect, and I'm looking forward to trying out some AIOs.
MsRK likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
for sposies our go-to's have always been Huggies Pure & Natural. No chemicals or nasty perfumey smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karilynn6 View Post
I've been using a huge variety of disposable diapers (all gifted to us), and my favorite has been the Huggies Little Snugglers. We have only had a few minor leaks, and I didn't take note of which type of diapers they were - I just assumed that whoever changed baby last didn't put the diaper on quite right.

Yesterday, I used my first cloth diaper (a Gerber pre-fold using a jelly roll fold with a Thirsties cover) and she leaked majorly in a short period of time. I was pretty disappointed. I'm sure it's because I didn't get the pre-fold on her quite right - it was pretty loose around the legs. I guess practice makes perfect, and I'm looking forward to trying out some AIOs.
Gerber prefolds aren't good at all for diapering. Great for burp rags, AWFUL fir cloth diapering! Get some from green mountain diapers. Night and day difference.

April 23rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pampers Swaddlers. We've used them with both girls. What I've found is that the fit of the diaper is most important--some brands just don't fit well on some babies, regardless of how much they cost. Also, when blowouts and leaks started happening, going up a size usually helped.
nameetog likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a Swaddlers or Huggies Snug and Dry girl. We mostly use cloth but we use sposies from time to time.

April 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am obviously not using the diapers yet, but judging from my experience with my last baby, I really like Pampers Swaddlers. I have all sorts to use from my diaper shower, including dollar store brand, pampers, huggies, etc. Once I get done with them I'm going to start cloth diapering. I hope that works out for us.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
Veteran
We used pampers with the other two because huggies always made them smell like pee as soon as they went, well Miss Evelyn has proved to be different from her brother and sister because the pampers make her stink and the huggies are great. When she gets a little bigger and her skin isn't as sensitive we will switch to the target brand. They worked great with the other two hopefully they will work with her also.

April 23rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always loved pampers swaddlers for my newborns. I was given several packages of Luvs and tried the newborns out, they work just fine as well. I'm the weirdo who absolutely loves the perfumey smell of swaddlers! I had to open a pack of my swaddlers probably a month before Aaron was born just to smell of them.

I used strictly huggies with my oldest because he would break out with any other brand of diaper. With my 3rd, after the newborn phase of swaddlers, I used the target up and up brand. They worked perfectly throughout all his diaper wearing days, plus they were MUCH cheaper! I'm sure I will use up and up again once we've used all the diapers I've recieved at my shower.

Mommy to 4 boys
April 24th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Veteran
I don't know what I'll like most this time but I got all types of disposable brands at our showers. I used to like Luvs or Target diapers when using disposables with the boys. I hate the smell of disposables, but sometimes had to use them on trips. I loved Thirsties Duo so much for cloth- I bought pink ones for this time around and can't wait til she gets big enough for them. I have a huge box of BRU brand newborn disposables, hope to grow into the Thirsties by the time we use the whole box of these.
April 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I've always used Pampers for all of my kids. We've had a couple of blow-outs, but nothing out of the norm for any of my kids. I've been using the Swaddlers this time, and they were what we used last time. I've never had any luck with Huggies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search