WHAT is this bleeding?!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeedaRenee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 3 weeks postpartum today. I didn't have a ton of bleeding after my c/s and haven't worn any pantiliners or anything for a week or more now. It was peachy! At my 2 week PP appt with my OB, she said to not be surprised if all of a sudden I start bleeding again- it was normal and part of the process. Ok, mental note made.

Well, yesterday I both went on a long walk (not strenuous, but def long) with the fam AND started taking the mini-pill. Lo and behold, last night as I'm attempting to get Ingrid down for bed, I feel a blurp of something and discover it's a big sudden bleed. Um, ok? I put on a pad and hope for the best.

What the hell?! It's still going today! It isn't tons and tons, but it sure as heck isn't nothing. I swear to all things holy that if my period is back at 3 weeks while I'm exclusively nursing, I'm going to be PISSED. I know it's possible, but dang, that would super suck. This better be a side effect from one or both of the changes yesterday. It's bad enough I hear the pill can reduce my milk so now I need to so some stimulation pumping to ensure I keep making enough milk, but if it is causing me to bleed, grrrrr. (I guess temp bleeding due to the pill is better than an actual period, but I'm still pissy about it all. I don't even know if I can use tampons yet, so this gross, dank diaper feeling in my undies is not cool.)

April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive heard that starting the pill can kickstart your period even if you are nursing.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
If that's what happened after 12 hours after taking ONE freaking pill, I'm going to be ticked off my OB didn't warn me about that.

April 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does it feel like a period? Cramps n such?

If not, maybe its just the random bleed that your Dr warned about.

Hope it's not your period... I am not excited for that.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Do you think you overdid it with the walk??

April 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
It doesn't feel like a period, but then again I dont get much in the way of cramps normally. I'm really hoping it's just a combo of the activity and a surge of hormones and normal uterus things.

I'm not sure I'll know how to tell it's a period if it lasts for less than another day. I might have to go back to temping for a few weeks- blech.

April 23rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My guess would be that it's still leftover postpartum bleeding. I was done for a few days, then a day of bleeding, then nothing for a few more days, then another day of bleeding. If I remember right, the on and off bleeding lasted a month or so last time.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 23rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My vote is that it is because of the walk. I remember from my c section last time they told me that one way to tell if I was over doing it was if my bleeding increased. Hopefully it isn't your period already!
April 24th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Txmom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In from the November DDC,
I have 4 kids, all csection and it could certainly be just normal post partum bleeding,
I remember thinking I was done and it starting back up. But I also took the mini pill one time, and if you do not take it at the exact time every day, it can cause you to break through bleed. Doesn't sound like the case with you though,
Since it had only been 12 hours.

April 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Veteran
My Dr told me 6 weeks for possible bleeding. I went thru spells of nothing then bleeding then other discharge and bleeding picked up when I did more.

April 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM
It seems to have abated today- thank god. I think I'm going to hold off on taking any more of the pills though- just in case. I'm not up for dealing with THAT BS, nor do I want to affect my supply, even though it is progesterone only.

April 24th, 2013, 03:46 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I took the mini-pill last time, and I definitely felt like it affected my supply. So, I'm not going that route this time.

Sure hope for you it wasn't your period. I nursed my oldest exclusively until she was over a year, and I had my normal period every month. Suckety sucky!!!! Anyhow, that didn't happen with my other 3 girls, thank heavens!

New picture in progress......

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search