My appt yesterday

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By jen747
  • 1 Post By Hugo&Sergiosmom
  • 1 Post By jen747
  • 2 Post By Purple_cat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my 40 week appt yesterday, on my due date. Last week I was barely a fingertip, but I'm now 2cm. Yay for some progress! Still no contractions or really any signs of upcoming excitement though. While she was checking me, she said, "I think I should strip your membranes. Is that ok?" And I was all, "Wait, woah, what, seriously, are you sure, ok, oh boy, really..." Stumbling over my speech like an idiot! In my head, I had previously decided I would not want that done, but in the quick realization that I am most likely facing another induction, I agreed to let her do it. So if nothing happens, I will have an ultrasound on Thursday to make sure everything still looks good & healthy, and then be induced on either Monday or Tuesday next week.

So now I wait. Through the evening, I felt weird, but I think I was just a bit sore from having it done, plus I had some things to do with Brooklyn & was hoping nothing would happen while we were out. I am actually a bit surprised by how nervous I am getting! I just woke up to pee, and I feel fine. No cramping or spotting or soreness.

April 24th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Veteran
I had the membrane strip with my last one on a Friday, and went into labor Sunday afternoon and had him at 10 AM on Monday. At first it seemed like nothing was happening, but it might have helped a little.

Thinking of you- I'm in a similar boat. Going for my u/s and NST tomorrow and talking about induction. I kind of don't care anymore, just want the baby out safely.
jen747 likes this.
April 24th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Ooohh... Definately crampy this morning.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully it will turn into something! I declined the check and sweep at my 39 week appt but decided Ill have it done when I go in on Friday (Ill try almost anything to avoid an induction at this point...)

April 24th, 2013, 08:19 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully that cramming will turn into something, and you can avoid an induction!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 24th, 2013, 08:21 AM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
Good luck! Hope it turns into something!!
April 24th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any updates on the cramping? I have avoided having a sweep done so far but I will ask for one on Friday if I am still pregnant as a last chance effort to avoid a medical induction. Let us know how you are feeling.
jen747 and MommysPocket like this.
April 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay for progress!! hope the sweep does something for you!
April 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I had the cramping every few minutes for several hours this morning. They only lasted maybe 10 seconds, and it was just my lower belly, not my whole stomach like I remember contractions to be. I've never had a contraction ever that wasn't Pitocin-induced (and we know those are the hard-core, no mistaking kind), so I really don't know what to expect as far as that goes. Anyways, I slept for about a half hour (awakened by 3 calls in a row to see if I was ok), and it's been fizzling out since then. Getting 1-2 per hour now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search