postpartum sex

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By Twirlbird
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 2 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By utexas10
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By nikki-pie
  • 1 Post By plastikmom
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 3 Post By mama3o

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Yes i am asking it!

I still have 3 weeks till the 6 week postpartum mark but i want to know what sex after birth is like?

TMI... sex was never really enjoyable for me it always seemed to hurt like being a virgin every time.. it was better using a lot of coconut oil as lubracant but i always felt "small" would having Lilly help to stretch a bit? I am so unsure of how it will feel... will it hurt or feel different or be the same?

May 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It pretty much went back to normal for me, after some soreness initially. Haven't tried yet this time, but I'm guessing it'll be the same.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
A lot drier. I had sections both times, but i found the quality of my secretions changed.

Just take it slow, try to relax and if it hurts, stop.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
May 4th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
things were always same for me I also never waited the 6 weeks... I only waited 2 weeks with everyone of my pregnancies.
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Mine was pretty much the same. I don't remember going back to it until my oldest was over a year, but that's a different story. Anyhow, my 2nd and 3rd I waited the 6 weeks. The 4th was probably 3-4 weeks after birth. I've been physically and mentally ready since this one was about 1 week or so, but that stupid postpartum bleeding won't go away!
mama3o and Cortney6983 like this.

New picture in progress......
May 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Super Mommy
i found it painful. hopefully it will be better next time.
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM
melshaz@earthlnk.net's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was sore at first and drier like someone else mentioned but it didn't take long until things went some what back to normal. Not sure this time around. I had stitches with first and this one too so I always wait for the 6 week doctor approval. Don't want to risk and tear anything further!

May 5th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I had a c section and we waited well past the 6 weeks, but I also had a really slow recovery. I was also exhausted by a baby who never slept.

This time I had a vaginal birth with a few 2nd degree tears so I am not looking forward to sex at all right now. I am guessing that it will eventually go back to normal though.
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Haven't tried it yet but got the OK from my OB ... I am scared lol & my SO hasn't even asked for it so I think he is a bit freaked out too
Cortney6983 likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

May 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
Its scary!!! lol been DTD since 2 weeks post partum (had a c section so I didn't have to worry about vaginal heeling) the 1st time was pretty frightening I thought I must have been nuts even considering doing it lol. Its a little different the new BF hormones have changed things up a little bit
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 07:10 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
(had a c section so I didn't have to worry about vaginal heeling)
Just wondering about this...did your OB tell you it was ok? I had a C-section as well (3 weeks ago), but my discharge instructions said wait 6 weeks. I never dilated at all so I'm wondering if its safe? I am ready, I miss my husband. But he is scared. I think he thinks my uterus will burst or something! Anyway, today is my birthday and some birthday sex is sounding good to me, hehehehe...TMI sorry. Think its safe?
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 7th, 2013, 07:26 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Re: c/s

My OB said sex is fine once the bleeding has stopped. My bleeding keeps seeming like its done and then I do something like a big walk and I get a burst of bleeding, so I'm still out. Hubs is eager- we're still on a dry spell from 20 weeks!
Cortney6983 likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My Ob said anything is fine after 2 weeks, except rigorous exercise. They said that it used to be that you needed to wait 6 weeks, but she said there are no studies that prove that is necessary beyond 2 weeks. She said that technically 7-10 days because of the dilation of the cervix. So 2 weeks for safety. She also told me that a lot of docs stick to the 6 weeks, because moms aren't feeling like it! She said most people will do what they feel comfortable with. I think you are safe. I've never waited beyond 2 weeks and I am still here and everyone is still healthy. But, I'd still take precautions if you don't want another one yet!!!!

Those are only my doctor's opinions....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search