Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MsRK
  • 2 Post By Purple_cat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 02:57 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's my first mother's day ever and I just wanted to say Happy Mother's day to all of you!!

Does anyone have any special plans for today? How are you going to celebrate?
anjawb and Cortney6983 like this.
May 12th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
My first Mother's Day too :-)

We are going to Brunch shortly and then off to visit my mom & then to the cemetery to visit my Grandma, Tessa is named after her.

Hope all you mommies have a great day!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

May 12th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
My first Mother's Day too! It couldn't have started off any better and with just two simple things. I got a long hot uninterrupted shower and was able to drink my morning tea still hot. Both a first since ds was born a month ago

DS, my mom and I are going to the local farmers market that opens today. They have some special things going on for Mother's Day.

May 12th, 2013, 05:30 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! We don't have any big plans. Church in an hour then I'm sure we will head somewhere for lunch.

May 12th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Mothers Day everyone!!

Alex and I slept in, it was fabulous. When we got up the big kids surprised me with all their handmade goodies from school, storytime at the library etc - THE BEST! They spoiled me with a GC to my favorite pedi place too. We are off to my parents this afternoon for a BBQ just relaxing around the house until then

May 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got some quiet time this morning and a long shower all alone and uninterrupted. That was enough as it was! But we also went for hard ice cream yesterday and will do soft serve this afternoon. Then I planned foods that I wanted- hot dogs, potato & egg salad, and green salad for dinner, zinfandel to go with it (even if I can only have one glass), and then port wine cheese spread for snacking.

yeah, all celebrations pretty much revolve around food for me. Otherwise I'm hoping DH will continue to keep the toddler off of me (except for when I want to do fun things with him like play a board game later) so I can work on some photobooks in between Ingrid feedings.

I already Skyped with my mom and MIL was called, so we're good on the family stuff.

May 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

My husband got up with the baby and preschooler this morning at 6 am and let me go back to bed which was pretty much the best gift I could have asked for.

Then when my husband was changing the baby's diaper she let out an explosive poop that shot off the changing table and covered the wall. I figured that my second Mother's Day present was that we was there for that and not me!
kimberley and MsRK like this.
May 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Happy Mother's Day everyone! Don't have any plans today, my FIL, DH, and I(along with RaeLynn of course) went out to lunch but other than that I think we are just going to hang out at my FIL's place today until time to get DD1 from her mother's place.

May 12th, 2013, 10:55 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

My husband got up with the baby and preschooler this morning at 6 am and let me go back to bed which was pretty much the best gift I could have asked for.

Then when my husband was changing the baby's diaper she let out an explosive poop that shot off the changing table and covered the wall. I figured that my second Mother's Day present was that we was there for that and not me!
We've had the EXACT same morning! I slept in after a feeding at 6, and the baby had a projectile poo all over the wall while DH was changing him! Hahahah!!

Now DH is making me breakfast, and we'll go visit our mom's later.
May 12th, 2013, 11:04 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy mother's day to you guys, too!

It's been a nice day here so far...cards & flowers from my loves, went out to breakfast and then church, and now we're relaxing at home.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had a GREAT day. Antonia decided not to go back to sleep after eating at 5 am, so DF stayed up with her and I slept till 7 when I got up and took her for a little walk in the Moby to Starbucks and walked around town with my coffee and her. Then we took my mom out to breakfast.

May 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran
Happy Mother's Day!! I am enjoying a day with everyone at home. DH got up with Fiona when she didn't sleep well. My oldest has a fever, so we didn't do anything else.
May 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
nothing at all... Went to breakfast. Came home, cleaned between feedings and just got done cooking dinner. I'm exhausted, but happy to be doing the things that make me mommy!

Happy Mother's Day to all!
May 12th, 2013, 07:56 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I didn't think we had any special plans. When I woke up this morning, though, my older girls told me I had to stay upstairs. They told me to go back to bed and relax. They made me breakfast - chocolate chip & banana pancakes and bacon. Then they took #4 downstairs so I could get a shower. When hubby got home from work, he shot down my picnic idea because he said it was still too wet from all the rain we've had. Instead, he took us all to a Japanese steak house. I'd say I still won on that deal! Then we went grocery shopping (a small fortune) and headed home. Our friends also stopped over with their little boy. And we almost forgot to call our moms, but remembered before everyone went to bed. A pretty nice day all around.

May 12th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Super Mommy
My day hasnt been great (other than the fact that I have my baby). DH worked all day. I met him for lunch. Other than that I have spent the entire day alone. When he got done teaching class he came home for 2 seconds and said he had to go to the office. It was already 730 pm. I told him that I want to do a mold of the baby's foot and hand (something he has been promising me for 2 months but never has the time for) and take pictures WITH her. I have lots of pictures of her but hardly any with her because he is never around to take any. So he took MY car up to the office. I spent 2 hours taking care of the baby and getting ready in between playing and feeding. Finally at 10 I called him to find out where he was since it was almost time for the baby's night feeding and then for her to go to sleep. I want to keep her on her sleep schedule since she is doing so well (sleeping for 5-6 hours). When I called him I found out that someone had broken into my car and that he was holding them at gunpoint waiting for the cops. Its a good thing that we didnt go with him to the office like he wanted.

Anyway...I am glad everyone is ok, but spending my 1st mothers day almost completely alone was depresssing. I am now dressed up and still have no pictures with my baby and no hand/foot mold. If I had known it was going to be like this I would have driven the 3 hours to my parents house and spent mothers day with my mom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search