more

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Super Mommy
anyone know they want more and if so how long are you waiting?
May 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
We want at least one more. I can't wait to be pregnant again but we will be waiting at least a year before ttc again.

May 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 is plenty for me. Aside from just not wanting any more, my desired age gap would put me just too old for my taste to have another. We have almost 4 years between the kids, which means I'd be getting knocked up again at something like 38. Pass.

My family is complete at 2 big people, 2 little people. We keep our vehicles, don't need a huge house, and the parents aren't outnumbered.

May 12th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to be pregnant again and go through labor again but I think we are going to stop at 2. I am also older than I would want to be if I were to have another child. Even though my midwives never made a big deal about me being AMA, I did worry about it some and I am really grateful that everything worked out well. I would secretly love to have another child but I am going to just be really grateful for the 2 girls we have.
May 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
We are undecided, we have DH's daughter and then the twins and then RaeLynn so we have a lot of kids. But on the other hand, I loved being pregnant and I love kids and wouldn't mind having another, of course I would want to wait 2-3 years before the next one.

May 12th, 2013, 11:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_cat View Post
I would love to be pregnant again and go through labor again but I think we are going to stop at 2. I am also older than I would want to be if I were to have another child. Even though my midwives never made a big deal about me being AMA, I did worry about it some and I am really grateful that everything worked out well. I would secretly love to have another child but I am going to just be really grateful for the 2 girls we have.
This is the same for me, pretty much exactly.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm done... We have 4. I'm spent! I'd love to have one more, if I could stay home permanently. But, that's not happening, so no more babes for me! I also would be in the AMA category if I chose to have another, which isn't happening, cause being high risk stressed me out too much! It actually gave me anxiety, so no thanks!
HalfDozen likes this.
May 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would LOVE to have another! I always thought we would have 4 BUT I'm undecided as to if we actually will. I'd be over 40 with another. I don't feel done but I might have to make peace with it. We have 3 awesome healthy kids now.
HalfDozen likes this.

May 12th, 2013, 06:02 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I would love to have more. I want as many as God gives us. If Isabelle is our only child I will be more than happy. I want to wait at least a year before trying again just to give my body time to recoup. I need to start looking up NFP while breastfeeding.

May 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Veteran
I would have several more, if hubby would allow it, he is done!

I love being pregnant, I love a big busy noisy house full of laughing faces.

Makes me sad to know I will never be pregnant again :-(
HalfDozen likes this.
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1

May 12th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to have at least one more, but not until I give my body some time to really recuperate. C-section #2 and #3 were fairly close together, and it has been a harder recovery. I think we'll try for another when I feel like my body is good and healthy and ready to do it again, so we won't start trying again for... I don't know... at least a year and a half to two years.
May 12th, 2013, 08:03 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Being pregnant is one of my very favorite things, but I'm pretty sure we are done. I would like to have "just one more", but I fear that is always how I'll feel. My mother-in-law told me she can't take any more surprises, not that it would stop us. We'll see if hubby follows through with the vasectomy. He had one scheduled after the 4th and cancelled it. Plus, I worry about the risks as I get older.

One of my friends said it would be great for us to have 3 bigs and 3 littles. I agree, but I doubt it's in the cards. It's very sad to think I might never be pregnant again.
mama3o likes this.

May 12th, 2013, 10:55 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Husband says we are done, I don't feel done. I'd love more kids, somehow I feel like we are just starting out I think having had an amazing birth experience plays into that, I can't imagine never being pregnant or giving birth again. Makes me very sad. Right now I'm grateful for my 2 amazing kids, and am trying not to think about it. But I'll probably be praying for a surprise in a year or two lol.
jen747 and mama3o like this.
May 13th, 2013, 03:58 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We both agreed that we were done. Really two is plenty for us, but like Anya said, having an amazing (fast & unmedicated) birth this time kind of made me want to do it again! After my first pregnancy with HG & a ridiculously long induction, it took me 6 years to decide to do it again, and even then, we were TTC with MA. A few weeks ago, there was a post where some of you said you had baby fever again already, and being still pregnant, I read that & thought you all were nuts, but now I totally get it.
mama3o likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 05:27 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe that Darion will be our only biological child. I grew up in a large family (6 children) so I don't want that experience again or want it for my child. Our plan was always to have one biological child and adopt one baby or young child in need. I want to make sure that I can put all of my children through college and they can have the attention from us that they need.

That's something that I always felt growing up, that my parents had VERY little time for each of us. I understood that they did their best with so many of us and their own household resposibilities plus work. But it would have been nicer to have had more one on one time with them growing up. Many times I needed help with homework or the like and my parents had to either rush through it or couldn't get to it at all. I'd rather not risk repeating that experience for my children.

I believe that two is more than enough for us.
mama3o likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Veteran
Done done done!!!! No more for us! I even got my husband a vasectomy for our 8 yr wedding anniversary, He had it done a couple weeks after Evelyn was born. I feel complete and absolutely do not want to be pregnant again! I always loved the delivery part but the pregnancy does me in.
mama3o and MsRK like this.

May 13th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Veteran
I am done. I had a tubal when I had my c section. I don't think my body could handle being pregnant again, especially since I will be 45 in a few months. For those of you who think you will be too old to have another, its not that bad, especially if you are 35-40. I declined all the extra tests and tried not to think about potential problems due to my age. Only thing I did was extra ultrsounds. I am thankful that I have a healthy baby even tho I was way into AMA. I have to tell you tho, once you hit 40 I found there are a lot more daily aches and pains in general, so being pregnant is a bit more difficult. I always wanted 3 children, but had been happy with my 2, and am even happier with 3!
mama3o and MsRK like this.

May 13th, 2013, 07:20 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Undecided. I have a hard time saying that Ryder is my last baby. I don't feel done. In two or three years maybe. I'll be 30 or 31 then, so I still have lots of time! But I also want to solidify my career before more kids come along. But 3 kids would be the maximum
mama3o likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mommy in the Making
I didn't think I would, but I really miss being pregnant! I love having Rosie in my arms and I can't imagine life without her here now, but I am also 100% sure that I want at least one more, probably 2 if DH agrees.
May 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Oh no, definitely not done!!!

Well, I think df would be OK with being done, I know I'm not though. I always wanted a big family, and we have agreed on 4. He has a daughter from a previous relationship.

I get baby fever almost as soon as I'm not pregnant Lol. But we need to wait a few years before having anymore, so getting an IUD in next week
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search