baby food

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Super Mommy
When do you plan to start givng the baby food and do you plan on making your own?
May 13th, 2013, 12:13 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will wait til 6 months. I will make some, but not all.

May 13th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll do baby led weaning so yes all the food will be made by me. No purees. I wont even consider food till after 6 months but it wouldn't surprise me if it were closer to 7 or 8 months

May 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Baby led weaning for us as well, so whenever L is ready after 6 months, though breastmilk will still be his main source of nutrition until at least 1 year.

May 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It'll be at least 6 months before we introduce solids. We'll follow her lead after that.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will play it by ear... I think I started when the baby started reaching for it... And I will; make plenty of my own, because I grow everything in my backyard. I do it anyway for the whole family, so I will make as much as I can!
May 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby led weaning here too. DD wasn't interested in anything until 10 months but didn't actually start getting food regularly until a year. She was EBF until then.

May 13th, 2013, 11:27 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh heavens, I have no idea. I forget when it's supposed to be "ok" but I know it's not for quite a while yet. We'll do a blend of purchased purees, a few homemade purees, and chunks of small soft foods like avocado, banana, cheese, etc. I haven't given it much thought though since at this point I'm still fretting about my milk!

May 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll start around 6 or 7 months. I will make everything except for some sort of organic version of cheerios which we will start whenever it is time for that (I can't remember right now).

I really liked the book Super Baby Food so we will loosely follow that.
May 13th, 2013, 07:20 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We'll start cereal somewhere around 6 months, and we will just use jars of baby food. Our kids don't tend to eat any of those for long (1-3 months), as we transition them to table food (whatever we're eating) pretty quickly. We just cut it very small.

May 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I'm hoping to make most of my own food, but I guess you never know what will work until the time comes, as I've never done this before.

Purple_Cat - is the book "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron? Super Baby Food: Ruth Yaron: 9780965260312: Amazon.com: Books

That looks very helpful. Does anyone else have any book recommendations for feeding? There are so many!
May 14th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
We will baby led weaning sometime after 6 months.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
May 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karilynn6 View Post
I'm hoping to make most of my own food, but I guess you never know what will work until the time comes, as I've never done this before.

Purple_Cat - is the book "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron? Super Baby Food: Ruth Yaron: 9780965260312: Amazon.com: Books

That looks very helpful. Does anyone else have any book recommendations for feeding? There are so many!
Yes, that is the book that we used with my daughter as recommended by our pediatrician. We really liked it. The book does have a vegetarian focus so you can add meat into your baby's diet at the time that meat is recommended but the book doesn't have a time line for introducing meats. Overall I thought that the book had some really healthy guidelines and my 3 year old eats a lot more vegetables than her peers which I think is in part thanks to this book.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search