Night time

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
How are everyone's nights going now that we are all a few weeks into it?

May 15th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Not good :-(

She gives me 3 hours max ... I've tried increasing the amount of feedings from 2.5oz to 3oz to see if that would help, I am even trying a small scoop of formula in her bottles at night to see if that will help ...

I can't say it's horrible because she IS sleeping ... I just wish it was longer.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

May 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
3 hours at a time or 3 hours total? 3 hours at a time is normal

I usually get 2.5-3 hour chunks starting at 11pm. We usually stay in bed until around 930/10. So I'm up usually 3 times but not more than 10 minutes at a time.
We do a quick diaper change then he latches and I fall back asleep. Repeat a few hours later.
So total I'm getting 7-8 hours broken sleep which I'm good with.

Mornings are rougher than nights here because he's usually very fussy around the 7am feeding and then 10 am.

Last edited by Pretty Crispy; May 15th, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
May 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
3-5 hours but doesnt usally fall asleep until 12 or 1 am

May 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are doing okay so far. Baby gets up every 2-3 hours to eat. The struggle is that I am still sitting up to nurse so I nurse her for 10-15 minutes and then hold her for 30 minutes more to make sure she is in a deep sleep before moving her back to her crib. Otherwise she wakes right up. I am pretty tired, but this is way better than my first daughter who was up pretty much all night every night!
May 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Doing pretty good. We are now waking up to eat and eating on a regular schedule. She is sleeping 3-4 hours at night then waking up to eat so I'm not going to complain, its a good stretch of time for sleep and I am beyond thrilled that she is waking to eat on her own. She is a very slow eater so I am usually up for about an hour then I can put her back in her bed then go to sleep myself, although there have been a couple of times that I have fallen asleep while nursing. Last night was a little rough, she was very upset for several hours, we think we narrowed it down to something I ate.

May 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Variable. Some nights, 3 hour stretches. Others, 2 hours or less. On a rare occasion, 4 hours. Can't complain...she's still quite young.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 15th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Super Mommy
I get 4 hours during her first sleep (5 hours between the feedings) and then about 2 hours on the second sleep (2.5-3 hours between feedings. Sometimes I will go back to sleep after that second feed too. But I am good with the 6 hours total.
May 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ingrid is still eating generally every 3 hours, which is kind of killing me. We are up for around 45 min at a time, so I'm only getting 2-3 hours at a stretch, if I'm lucky. She often fusses before falling asleep, so just because we're done feeding doesn't mean I'm home free for sleeping.

I might be crankier than usual today though because I've got a doozy of a cold with a really stuffy nose, very sore throat, and phlegm. I really could use a full night of sleep, but that's not going to happen.

May 15th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Veteran
Fiona is an awesome sleeper. A "bad" night for her is waking up twice. She usually gets up just once to eat and goes right back to sleep! It's my milk production that causes me to lose sleep. I get very engorged and have to wake up when she's still asleep to pump before DH leaves for work.
May 16th, 2013, 12:30 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Darion is doing much better with the miracle blanket. He moved from waking up to eat every 2.5hours to waking up after 4-5 hours his first time. I take him out of the miracle blanket after the first stretch of sleep though and he goes back to 2.5 hours but he seems happier that he can move his hands up to his face or by his head. He goes right back to sleep after he is fed so it's definitely been getting better.
May 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mommy in the Making
We are doing amazing at night...I keep waiting for it to change...most nights she goes to sleep around midnight right after a feeding, and she sleeps between 5 and 6 hours at a time. 2 nights ago she slept 7 hours straight! I thank her every morning for letting mommy and daddy get a good nights sleep. She is gaining plenty of weight according to her ped so I am just nursing when she wakes up. We change her first , then she usually feeds 10 min and goes right back to sleep. I feel very lucky so far, but i know that can all change at any moment!
May 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing pretty good. the first two weeks were a dream. He slept 3-3.5 hours at a time between 9ish and 6am. Now he's averaging 2.5 hours at a time. We've been having some feeding and diarreah issues the last few days, so that's not helping. Hopefully it gets better. I think my supply lowered slightly and he has not been happy about it. Ive been drinking WAY more water, and lots of mothers milk nursing tea, and his mood and sleeping seem to be improving (knock on wood). I think that brought on a touch of baby blues cause I was crying like a child most of yesterday. Today is better. Ahhh.. vent released.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search