Hungry and thirsty all the time?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2
  • 1 Post By JennBer
  • 1 Post By nikki-pie
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By plastikmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is anyone else feeling a lot more hungry lately? I know that you burn extra calories by breast feeding but this is getting ridiculous. I can eat a big dinner and be hungry again an hour later. It is worse than when I was pregnant! Also my weight loss has sort of tapered off and I have about 10 more pounds that I would like to lose. I am not sure how that is going to happen at this rate. Also I can't believe the amount of water that I am drinking. I just don't remember all this from last time!
May 16th, 2013, 11:01 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Definitely. I'm always hungry and thirsty doesn't even begin to explain how parched I feel ALL the time. I too eat dinner and not a half hour later I'm starving again.
Purple_cat likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 11:16 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Not me. I am still having to make myself eat most of the time. I just dont feel hungry. Not thirsty yes Iswear my eyeballs should be swimming.
Purple_cat likes this.

May 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
I was at first, I felt like I was going to starve to death all the time; but now my apetite is pretty much back to normal
Purple_cat likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is me! I am way more hungry when I'm breastfeeding than during pregnancy. I actually gained a lot of weight breastfeeding my oldest, so I'm trying to be more careful this time. But I definitely have an appetite.
Purple_cat likes this.
May 16th, 2013, 01:34 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not that hungry, I have to remember to eat. Or maybe I just have less time to think about it. I also havent been drinking enough water, but that has changed now. I am gulping it all day to help with milk supply.
May 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
YES! I'm starving. All.the.time. I am drinking a decent amount of water too but Im never going to loose weight if I keep eating like this.

May 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, especially in the beginning, and it was really bad right when she first latched on. It seems to be evening out some, but I'm trying to keep my water and caloric intake up to keep my milk supply up.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 16th, 2013, 03:49 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm there with you as well. I EAT A LOT.. and I have a gallon milk bottle that I cleaned out and I constantly fill it with water and use it to refill a large cup that I fill to the top with ice. I can easily go through a gallon in a day. Especially just after I pump milk I am THIRSTY!
May 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yup, I'm constantly going through the fridge and the cupboards looking for something just don't know what lol.
Kennydra likes this.
May 17th, 2013, 04:39 AM
plastikmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I also gained weight nursing my first. I am just hungry!!! This time I am trying to eat the "right" foods but not trying to restrict myself too much because I don't want it to effect my supply. I have lost all my pregnancy weight but wanted to lose 30 pounds when I got pregnant. I don't know if that will happen while BFing because the weight loss has tapered off. So I tried to do an exercise DVD yesterday and had to hold my boobs the whole time because it hurt when they bounced around. After I was done I was even hungrier!!!
jen747 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search