significant Others

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2
  • 1 Post By mommy to alexander
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 2 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By jen747
  • 1 Post By ashley22pa
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By utexas10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
How is your significant other helping out? Is he still helping with duties or has he been slacking?

May 19th, 2013, 04:53 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
He's been great when he's home. He works a lot so I can stay home so honestly that's the best help he could give us right now. He does great with LO during the fussy evenings which definitely saves my sanity. On his days off he tries to take care of LO a lot since I do it all day every day but since we are EBF I still have LO the majority of the time. No complaints from me though, DH really has been wonderful and I love seeing how happy he is with his son.
Cortney6983 likes this.

May 19th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Veteran
Andy has been great! If he isn't helping take care of the baby, he is helping with the other two. He's a great daddy!
Cortney6983 likes this.

May 19th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My husband helps the most by helping with the big kids. He'll take the baby too but since what Alex usually wants hubby can't give him he really can't do too much. He'll change a diaper or hold him, soothe him but usually he just want to nurse. The big kids need more attention since they are used to having mine 42/7
Cortney6983 likes this.

May 19th, 2013, 06:53 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hubby is the best. He is truly a 50/50 partner. He has always done his share of chores, and continues to if not picking up some of my slack. He is amazing at stepping in to help me with Ingrid- either physically or emotionally. And he does a lot with our son to keep him on track. The only thing more he could do is grow mammary glands so that he could nurse Ingrid!
Purple_cat and Cortney6983 like this.

May 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh helps with the other kiddos mainly. She's mainly with me! Not much help there, but this morning I woke and he was with lo and it was a huge help to get in a little more sleep! I can't imagine if he didn't help with the bigger ones! It's wonderful!
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He has helped a ton by taking care of our older boy. He doesn't help much with the baby, but I don't really expect or need him to. He has been great, though. When our older boy had strep last week, DH stayed home from work to care for him so we could keep him separated from the baby easier. I think DH enjoyed playing video games for two days, but it was also very helpful.

He has also been really good about fetching things for me or waiting on me so I don't have to make very many trips up and down the stairs. I'm actually still in a fair amount of pain from the c-section , so I'm still trying to limit activity.
Cortney6983 likes this.
May 19th, 2013, 11:24 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He has actually been working out of state, but he has helped by taking Brooklyn to karate & even just taking her outside to play when he is home. He's a little nervous handling a newborn, but he's home for the weekend & did finally change a diaper! I've been trying to hand the baby to him so I can do something else & maybe he'll get past the nervousness too.
Cortney6983 likes this.

May 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
DH is a natural with the baby. He's never been around newborns so I'm really surprised. He's actually more at ease than me a lot of the time! He changes diapers, holds him and gives him bottles. He does try to be out of poop diapers a lot though!
Cortney6983 likes this.

Expecting a baby girl EDD July 5, 2015!

May 19th, 2013, 11:51 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He helps out where he can. I usually do more of the baby care, since I'm breastfeeding, but he does change diapers, cuddle, etc. He also helps out with Grace...he'll keep her entertained while I sleep a bit longer, he will often get her dressed/ready to go, and if he's home, he'll help with bathtime/brushing teeth.
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 19th, 2013, 12:04 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Duplicate

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
dh isnt home much. he is working a lot. when he is home he helps a little but not much. I think he finds her to be boring. he keeps saying that he will get better when she is older and can play.
jen747 likes this.
May 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband helps out a ton. He does all the diaper changes if he is around and all the baths. Last night our baby was having a crying/ screaming fest for about 6 hours and when I wasn't nursing her or trying to calm her he would take over and let me go in the back room. We passed her back and forth like that for 6 hours and it saved us both. He has also been doing more for our older daughter while I am recovering from the birth. I do wish that he could feed the baby sometimes because I am the one primarily awake all night but I am grateful for everything that he can do.
May 19th, 2013, 09:39 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hubs is doing so great. He is so in love with his 'big man', he is always willing to hold him, soothe him, change him etc. He gets up with the kids at 6 and I usually get a little extra sleep. Pleasantly surprised!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search