Happy Monday!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's going on this week? Anything exciting?

I have my postpartum appointment this morning. I brought Anna with me and left Grace home with DH. I don't know of anything else going on this week, really. Just the usual. Can't believe my maternity leave is nearly half over .

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 20th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Regular week here for the most part. Lots of karate, ballet, gymnastics and tball. We are going away for the weekend so I'm starting to put aside things for the trip.

May 20th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
6 week checkup with my midwife tomorrow. She will also check L out and weigh him.
Other than that not much going on.

Oh! L and I are starting a mommy baby yoga class on Thursday.

May 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Little man has a 3 week checkup tomorrow. The rest of the week I hope to prepare for a garage sale and organize my work space. Fun stuff!

May 20th, 2013, 07:30 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya on the speed of maternity leave, Thai. It's so sad to think about going back!

I'm going to get together with my boss who is in town tomorrow, hopefully for lunch, and then Ingrid & I are going to our local AAA baseball team game for a celebration with the work team for our project's launch. I have to get a tooth filling on Wed- hopefully Ingrid will play along and not want to nurse RIGHT when they start!

Otherwise it's a mellow week- hoping that our sleeping keeps on the up and up. And that I finally ditch this snotty cold. DH and my son are maybe going to camp out in the backyard this weekend.

I am going to do some baking today. I want to make my own granola bars for midnight nursing snacking since the store bought ones are 1) expensive, 2) so sugary, and 3) really loud to open at 2 AM in their foily packaging! DS and I will cook together. It's a rainy day, so perfect to occupy the almost 4 year old and make the house warm, toasty, and yummy smelling!

May 20th, 2013, 08:00 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I have my 6-week check tomorrow. I am very, very sad about maternity leave being so close to over!! My in-laws are either leaving tomorrow or Wednesday so I will also have my house back, which I am looking forward to. And the oldest finishes up with softball this week.

May 20th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
getting ready for the memorial day weekend. Going away hopefully!
May 20th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
I hear ya on the speed of maternity leave, Thai. It's so sad to think about going back!

I'm going to get together with my boss who is in town tomorrow, hopefully for lunch, and then Ingrid & I are going to our local AAA baseball team game for a celebration with the work team for our project's launch. I have to get a tooth filling on Wed- hopefully Ingrid will play along and not want to nurse RIGHT when they start!

Otherwise it's a mellow week- hoping that our sleeping keeps on the up and up. And that I finally ditch this snotty cold. DH and my son are maybe going to camp out in the backyard this weekend.

I am going to do some baking today. I want to make my own granola bars for midnight nursing snacking since the store bought ones are 1) expensive, 2) so sugary, and 3) really loud to open at 2 AM in their foily packaging! DS and I will cook together. It's a rainy day, so perfect to occupy the almost 4 year old and make the house warm, toasty, and yummy smelling!
Care to share the recipe? I'd like to do that, too.
jen747 likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Care to share the recipe? I'd like to do that, too.
I haven't made them yet to see how easy or delicious they are, but it's from Alton Brown and a friend of mine made them and said it was good. I'm going to do chopped dates, raisins, craisins, and chocolate chips for sweet goodies and then both sliced almonds and pecan pieces for crunchy yummies. I don't think I'll put in all the wheat germ, but might add some oat bran that I picked up. We shall see how they come out!

Granola Bars Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
nameetog likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks! Sounds easy enough. I might throw in a bit of brewers yeast for some extra breast milk boost.
nameetog likes this.

May 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Thanks! Sounds easy enough. I might throw in a bit of brewers yeast for some extra breast milk boost.
Brewers yeast eh? I am hoping the oatmeal will be a small bump up for my milk, but I haven't heard of brewers yeast. Is that something you get at a homebrewers store? Does it have a taste? (I'm always up for upping the milk- with back to work pumping looming, I really want to get the dairy farm up to full capacity!)

May 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I found that when I used it in cookies, it had the biggest impact on my supply--more than anything else I'd tried. It does have a flavor...I don't particularly like it, but it's sort of beer-like, so not terrible. It can easily be added into breads, cookies, granor, etc. It caused some GI discomfort at first, so you might want to start small and work up to more. One plus is that it's a good source of B vitamins. I got mine in powder form at GNC. It's also available in capsule form, I believe.
MaineBean likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM
So I made granola bars today! I used that recipe except that I substituted milled flaxseed for the wheat germ, since I don't do wheat, and I used cinnamon chips instead of dried fruit. And I didn't add brewers yeast because I didn't make it to GNC. Not bad! I hope they're filling. We'll see!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search