Visitors

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mommyof2with1onway
  • 1 Post By Karilynn6
  • 2 Post By nameetog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you have visitors at the hospital or in your home when/after the baby was born? Did you enjoy it, or was it stressful to have visitors?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mommy :)
yes, it was more stressful than nice and relaxing
nameetog likes this.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
May 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just my parents, so it was nice.
May 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
My inlaws and my mom mostly. My grandparents stopped by for 10 minutes. It wasn't bad but they came almost immediately after he was born and I was beyond exhausted. My doula actually kicked them out haha.

May 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Super Mommy
My family only. It was nice. They held her some, but mainly just did things to help out such as getting me food and going to get premie/newborn clothes. My mom and sister also came up two weeks after she was born and helped with laundry and grocery shopping. My mom also took one of her night feedings (pumped milk) so that I could get some more sleep.
May 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A friend came over the day after she was born and brought us lunch which was nice, she only stayed an hour since it was her lunch break at work. Another friend came over a few days pp, she is single and childless and I enjoy her company since I'm not in that phase of my life I love hearing her stories of what she is up to lol. Other than that the first week it was just family occasionally. At 2 weeks pp fil came to town for work and crashed house with us, that totally sucked. I was still recovering obviously, moody uncomfortable sleep deprived etc last thing I wanted was an unexpected and unwanted house guest.
May 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see my mom was there the whole time but I wanted her there and was very grateful for her help she was with me for two weeks, a couple days before baby, during the hospital and then the rest of the time pp, she cooked and cleaned and helped with baby whatever I needed. I only had couple other visitors at all and the people that came all knew that it was best to stop by say hi and leave quickly so that was nice.

May 21st, 2013, 04:12 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a few friends come after the baby came. I would have prefered to wait until I got home the next day but I couldn't say no. Other than that, just family.
May 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No house guests.Well, a few short visits here and there but no overnight or extended guests thankfully. I was only 2 days in the hospital but yes PLENTY of visitors. My siblings, parents, inlaws and grandparents plus the staff that knows me so lots.

May 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
No real visitors in the hospital, which I find frustrating. Other than my mom and our girls, it was the same way last time as well, except for the one co-worker who showed up last time just as we were leaving the hospital. Because my girls were in school, they didn't even visit as much as they did last time.

As for house guests, yes, my mom was here for just under a week right after I had him. Then we had a few days' break, and my mother-in-law was here for just under 2 weeks. I much prefer when my mom is here, but I was just happy to have them here at 2 different times. I kind of wish my mom would have stayed longer, but oh well!

May 22nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
We didn't really have visitors for 3 reasons

1) only grandparents and siblings of baby allowed(you can sneak people in though)

2) Henry was in the nicu, so people wanted to wait til he was out of the nicu

3) I didn't want people to come to visit since I didn't feel like a mom since Henry was in the Nicu
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
May 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
I wasnt in hospital for long so had the in laws rpund that evenin just to make sure we had something to eat n check how were doing. Thenbthat sat he saw his great nan n then we went to see our friendsxx

May 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
We had lots of visitors. It was actually kinda nice, because it distracted me from the "discomfort." Plus, everyone that came was basically family (even if they are not technically related) and I loved having people around. That, and most people brought a gift or food, so who can really complain!?!!?

May 23rd, 2013, 05:30 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH was the only one there for labor/delivery. Then after she was born, my mom, sister, nephew, MIL and Grace came to visit. It was kind of tough to have visitors because she was in the NICU. Once we were home, we had MIL staying with us for a few days. Other than that, no overnight guests...just my mom, sister, nephew, BIL. I'd prefer no overnight visitors, buti am thankful that mil was able to be there to help with Grace while we were in the NICU. We were relieved when she left, though.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
My baby is 7 weeks old and I feel like I'm still running a Bed & Breakfast. I've had my Mom in and out at least 5 different nights, Mother-in-Law was here for 3 weeks, Father here for 6 days, Father-in-Law here for 5 days, Sister-in-Law here for 5 days, DH's BF for 4 days, Great Grandparents for 1 night, and several visitors that have come for the day. I feel like I'm a B&B operator, tour guide, airport shuttle driver, & housekeeper on top of being a new mom. My DH and I have only been home alone maybe 7 nights out of 7 weeks! Some guests have been more helpful than others, and I guess I haven't been lonely, but it has caused me to be overwhelmed on several occasions. I guess that's what happens with the first baby!
May 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
^ that's insane! I would never ever agree to that many visitors and especially not that length of time. We haven't had anyone spend the night. I limit our visitors to once or twice a week at most. Too much stimulation for baby and he gets fussy when held for awhile by anyone but mommy or daddy.

May 24th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
^ that's insane! I would never ever agree to that many visitors and especially not that length of time. We haven't had anyone spend the night. I limit our visitors to once or twice a week at most. Too much stimulation for baby and he gets fussy when held for awhile by anyone but mommy or daddy.
Well, no one really asked if they could come, but I probably couldn't have said "no" if they had. I just kept getting a.irline confirmation emails. LOL. I guess that's just how our family (mostly DH's) works. They have always loved to come visit. For the most part, the baby is handling it all quite well.
HalfDozen likes this.
May 25th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are a better person than I. Id be hiding in my room with baby "napping" I just can't take having that many people in my space!
Kennydra and Karilynn6 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search