Baby Poo

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your baby's poo like? Does it vary? How often do they poo

Ryder is EBF and has had all kinds of poo, and it worries me. He has had quite a few green bubbly diarreahs. Sometimes it's more solid but still green, and the odd yellow normal looking poo. He poos about 3-4 times in a 24 hour peiod I guess and it's always different. I've told my midwife all of this but she is not too worried. He is gaining wonderfully, and is quite a happy baby most of the time. He does have quite a bit of gas that causes minimal discomfort.

I hate that he doesn't have the yellow seedy poo that I want to see! I'm tempted to cut out dairy and see what happens, but I LOVE dairy .. It will be sooo tough!

Tell me about your baby's poo!
May 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Yellow seedy 5-6 times a day, only during the day. Night poos have stopped, yay!

May 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The green poo sounds more like foremilk/hindmilk imbalance than milk protein intolerance, but I'm no expert. That can also cause gas/discomfort. Grace had that some...I started block feeding and it seemed to really help.

Anna usually has the yellowish seedy poop, and the frequency varies, but usually at least once a day.
*Anya* likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
The green poo sounds more like foremilk/hindmilk imbalance than milk protein intolerance, but I'm no expert. That can also cause gas/discomfort. Grace had that some...I started block feeding and it seemed to really help.

Anna usually has the yellowish seedy poop, and the frequency varies, but usually at least once a day.
I keep mentioning a milk imbalance to my midwife, but she's not convinced that is the problem. I've tired/am trying block nursing but he gets uninterested and frusterated with one side but still acts hungry, so I end up offering the other side. Sometimes I can get him to stay on the one side with breast compressions, but not always. It kind of seems like he likes the faster flow of a full breast and gets mad when it slows down? I squeeze that breast he's finished with and there's still milk coming out. UGH I don't know. I just want that yellow poo!
May 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
My first child couldn't handle any milk or milk protein in my diet. MSPI doesn't affect colour, if there was mucus or blood that would be more indicative of it. Have you tried pumping off the first bit?

It really sounds more like foremilk/hind milk imbalance from what your saying.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Last edited by Twirlbird; May 21st, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
May 21st, 2013, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
Yellow seedy 2 times a day, only during the day. occassionally greenish.
May 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hmmm Alex has green poop I hadn't even given it a second thought. Is it supposed to still be yellow and seedy at this point? You would think id know since Ive EBF 2 others. He's happy, gaining and seems fine. He goes a few times a day not typically at night

May 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberley View Post
I keep mentioning a milk imbalance to my midwife, but she's not convinced that is the problem. I've tired/am trying block nursing but he gets uninterested and frusterated with one side but still acts hungry, so I end up offering the other side. Sometimes I can get him to stay on the one side with breast compressions, but not always. It kind of seems like he likes the faster flow of a full breast and gets mad when it slows down? I squeeze that breast he's finished with and there's still milk coming out. UGH I don't know. I just want that yellow poo!
This is my experience with trying to do block feeding, but instead of getting green poo we are getting not as many poopy diapers as I would like and a super fussy gassy baby. I think I have a lot of milk and a fast let down because she is seriously gulping away at the beginning and then she loses interest when it slows down. I keep trying to get her on that same side after she latches off but after a couple tries I generally let her have the other side.
May 21st, 2013, 09:47 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little guy STILL poops....CONSTANTLY. His poop has been slightly greenish but I've read that eating a lot of greens can do that and I've been eating a lot of salads lately.

Mommy to 4 boys
May 21st, 2013, 10:18 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cora still poops tons, sometimes yellow sometimes green. my midwife also told me that it's a hind milk/fore milk imbalance. It got better by itself as the engorgement got better. I do occasionally do block feeds, mainly when she is cluster feeding. She does the same thing, get mad at the boob when there is no crazy let down. So I try to start her off at least on the same boob and if she is thrashing around too much I'll put her on the fresh boob.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:38 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's yellow/seedy and he still goes all the time.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mommy :)
For the most part atheu are yellow and seedy. He does have some greenish and that's from me being on an antibiotic and the milk imbalance.

I am not sure what block feeding is but what I did to even it back out is feed from left side twice and then right side twice.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
May 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof2with1onway View Post
For the most part atheu are yellow and seedy. He does have some greenish and that's from me being on an antibiotic and the milk imbalance.

I am not sure what block feeding is but what I did to even it back out is feed from left side twice and then right side twice.
^That's pretty much block feeding.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 22nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
The yellow, seedy stuff. And a little thicker than it was at first. He generally goes once every day or every other day now. And they're explosive!!

New picture in progress......
May 25th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yellow, seedy, and a bit runny. She goes usually between 2-4x a day and no night poops here either!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search