OMG...*lol*

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By MapleGranola
  • 1 Post By MapleGranola
  • 1 Post By Mel_Kay
  • 2 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By MellowYellow
  • 1 Post By ashley22pa
  • 1 Post By utexas10
  • 1 Post By becca4steven
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By MommysPocket
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried to go to sleep early today because I'm taking Darion out to go shopping tomorrow.(It's the first time that I'm going shopping with him) then we are heading to my mother's... And wouldn't you know it.. DH is sleeping on my right side snoring and Darion is sleeping on my left side in the bassinet snoring.

I'm laying here in the middle staring at the ceiling and now.. I'm on JM. Does it make me a bad wife to shove DH awake everytime that he starts to snore? *lol* He doesn't usually snore but has been snoring all week long. I don't know why. He claims that he isn't having allergy or nasal problems.

Does anyone's SO or DH snore? Do they use anything to keep them from snoring? Do those breathe right strips work?
MommysPocket likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH snores. He hasn't always, but it's gotten worse. Sometimes it's bad enough that it wakes/keeps me up. I will nudge him sometimes if it is bad enough. I've considered suggesting the nasal strips, but I kind of doubt he'd go for it. I do hope you get some rest!
MsRK likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
My DH snores horribly. He uses the breathe right strips and they do make a big difference.
I push him when he does snore or yell at him to turn on his side.
MsRK likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks Thai.. I hope that I get some rest soon too.

Mrskk... I will have to pick up some of those strips tomorrow. I woke him up and told him to turn onto his side. It stopped for a little while then started again. I hope that he isn't starting to snore regularly now.

I think that I am going to get him to take a claritin each day for a week and see if he stops snoring. I think that he is having nasal congestion from allergies but doesn't want to say so.

I don't know why men can't admit when something is off with their bodies. It's just his nose!
May 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
I hope they work for him so you can all get some good sleep
MsRK likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mel_Kay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We made it the first 10 years with no snoring but the past 2 he snores A LOT! I just nudge and he turns over.
MsRK likes this.

Mommy to 4 boys
May 21st, 2013, 08:38 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
M husband snores sometimes but it generally doesn't bother me. I started snoring when I was pregnant so I tried the breathe right strips and they worked well for me. Luckily the snoring seems to have resolved itself now that I am not pregnant anymore.
MsRK and nameetog like this.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm surprised my dh doesn't wake up with bruises when he snores!!! LOL!!! That said, clearly I nudge him! Good luck shopping today! !
MsRK likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mommy in the Making
DH snores sometimes...mostly when he's gone out for drinks before going to sleep....I try to nudge him but it usually doesn't wake him so I have to rely on slapping him or tickling his face and yelling at him to get him to turn over. I find that moving him to the couch is the only way to get the snoring to "stop" on those nights
MsRK likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
My DH snores I nudge him or hit him if I have to resort to that lol. I also tell him to turn on his side. I wear ear plugs to sleep anyway which muffles I can hes everything with them in like the baby, just muffled. DH tried the breathe right strips and it helped some but not enough for him to keep wearing them.
MsRK likes this.

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

May 22nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
DH snores. I nudge him and he rolls onto his side. After the third nudge I just kick him out.
MsRK likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
my hubby snores and I tap him to move and it works I normal have him baby and sometimes the cat who sleeps the other side of the room on his chair. xx
MsRK likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH snores, but I don't mind it. In fact, I sleep better when he's snoring. That probably sounds crazy, but it's true. He doesn't snore very loud, though.
MsRK likes this.
May 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the snorer in our relationship. Luckily DH is the heavy sleeper so it rarely bothers him. It was the worst during pregnancy both times!

When he does snore, I jiggle around in hopes that he'll move, or sometimes I'll do a single loud clap to half wake him up!
MsRK likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes, he snores all. the. time. It's only been the last two years but man it sucks. I don't sleep a lot anyways which Im normally fine with. But to have to lay there awake and listen to it drives me nuts lol.
MsRK likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My husband snores LOUDLY. I'm fine as long as I get to bed (and to sleep) first. However, on the rare nights that he goes to bed before me, I have to keep pushing him to get him in different positions because I can't get to sleep when he's that loud.
MsRK likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
Well we are all settling down for another night of "sleep".. I have the breathe right strips but DH said that he will get up and put one on IF he starts to snore.

So we will see.. I thought I would be sleep deprived because of the baby not DH.. At least Darion isn't snoring tonight.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So how did it go?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 23rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
It was a good night.. He started snoring once but when I was turning around to shove him he moved and it stopped and he didn't snore for the rest of the night. Darion was quiet too!

So I guess I will see what the next few nights bring..
May 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
The nasal strips do work great if they're necessary. I always wake my husband up so he can roll over and he actually says "Thank you," because if he snores a lot at night he'll wake up with a sore throat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search