Let's be honest: hormones/emotions

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling, emotionally? Coping well? Struggling? Some of both? Let's talk about it!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Some of both. Mostly I feel fine but then sometimes I just break down into tears at random moments.

May 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
I am the same fine but if little one havin a bit of a bad moment I jyst cry but then fine afterwards xx

May 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have good days and bad ones. I find that if baby is fussy or if breastfeeding is frusterating, I need a cry. I'm definitely a little over sensitive. If baby naps nicely during the day and I have gotten an OK sleep, I get stuff done around the house I feel great! Too bad all days aren't like that!
May 22nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing much better than I was during pregnancy. I still get frustrated with DD a little more than before but am still doing good at talking calmly instead of yelling. I just have to remember she is trying to adjust too.

May 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
My PPD is MUCH better ... not crying everyday like I was. I still get emotional a lot & randomly burst into tears here & there ...
ThaiSpice likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

May 22nd, 2013, 04:16 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I've been great. The only time I get emotional is when L is having a very fussy day and nothing I do helps him settle. I want to cry but I don't when that happens. Other than that my emotions have been fine. During pregnancy I had some random break down and cry times though.

May 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
I am good for the most part. If I've had a rough night, that's when I'm most likely to struggle. Lack of sleep is definitely not easy. Also, if Grace is throwing fits or something, it can be emotionally draining, for sure. But overall I guess I'm coping pretty well.

May 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the other BTDT mommies- I'm doing pretty well when I get good sleep. If I'm overtired, I lose patience with both kids a lot faster. And my poor toddler bears the brunt. Like MP, I'm trying to remember he's adjusting too, but my god he is pushing every button all the time.

I've got no blues though.

I'll tell you what IS a problem. My period is totally back as of this week and I'm pissed about it. Even when I was supplementing with formula last time it didn't come back this quick. Frigging 7 weeks post-pardum, c'mon. Suckfest.

May 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineBean View Post
Ditto the other BTDT mommies- I'm doing pretty well when I get good sleep. If I'm overtired, I lose patience with both kids a lot faster. And my poor toddler bears the brunt. Like MP, I'm trying to remember he's adjusting too, but my god he is pushing every button all the time.

I've got no blues though.

I'll tell you what IS a problem. My period is totally back as of this week and I'm pissed about it. Even when I was supplementing with formula last time it didn't come bac this quick. Frigging 7 weeks post-pardum, c'mon. Suckfest.
Ew...so sorry! That's just not right. And, yeah, Grace is definitely pushing buttons these days.

May 22nd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Maine, that is just not fair!!

I'm actually doing really well. I have found the adjustment to 3 kids pretty easy actually. We have totally been back to our regular scheduled routine from day 5 of Alex's life. From past experience I found I struggled when my daughter (baby #2) was a few months older. I believe it was about 5 months postpartum that I fell apart emotionally. I'm not sure if it will happen again but Ive got a plan and I'm prepared if it should happen. My 3 year old has adjusted MUCH better than I thought she would but I am seeing some behavior from my 6 year old that is less than desirable. Not sure if that is new baby related or just 6 year old attitude

May 22nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I have my good days and bad. Antonia has absolutely no schedule so daytimes are hard. She has also been getting a little colic, so Im on my feet walking her around a lot, which doesn't help with my exhaustion.

Maine, I think im in the same boat at only 6 weeks, but honestly, im not totally sure that i haven't just had continuous bleeding/spotting... Definitely not fun!!

May 22nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not fair. New moms should have absolute immunity from any emotional distress. It's amazing what we go through..women are amazing!!
May 22nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm doing well now....alot better than the first few days after she was born. I'm on zoloft now which seems to be helping my mood. I do have my days where I feel overwhelmed but things are better than they were.
May 22nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been smooth sailing here. I feel good, have been pretty relaxed as far as the baby goes, and I've been staying on top of things (like housework), so I don't feel overwhelmed, like things have fallen apart. Brooklyn is pretty helpful & she loves her brother so much. She has adjusted even better than I could've imagined.

May 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I feel really good, except when I start to think about having to go back to work. That can put me in tears almost instantly. I am really just loving being home with my kids and wish that I didn't have to go back!

New picture in progress......
May 22nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
I'm with you. I dread going back to work. I hate how quickly 12 weeks goes by.
HalfDozen likes this.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing very well with the baby.. He is a sweetheart so thankfully I don't have TOO many problems with him. I feel a little down that I can't work in my office like I used to. I LOOVVEE working and running my business and right now I'm not doing too much with it which makes me a bit sad.
May 23rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am starting to have a rough time. I am STILL much more sore than I expected to be and the baby has decided to stop sleeping and start screaming. We took her to the doctor today and the doctor thinks she has colic and it should resolve in 4-5 months. It took all my strength to not cry in the office. Nights have been terrible lately. Our baby just screams and cries for hours and nothing we do helps. She will usually end up sleeping about 90 minutes twice during the night. And I have to hold her a bit for her to get into a deep enough sleep to transplant her so I am getting about 2 hours of broken sleep. It is starting to catch up to me.

I was doing pretty good until this new routine started.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I'm doing just fine handling the baby for the most part; however, other people are really getting to me. Family, friends, and strangers all seem to make me crazy at times with their various comments (most especially my husband).

And I'm having a hard time dealing with everyone telling me how much the baby looks like my husband. Everyone that meets the baby says "Oh, that's definitely Mike's baby!" or "She looks just like her father!" And then today, I've gotten so many comments about how she looks exactly like her Aunt (DH's sister), and I almost started crying. That's when I realized how much it was bothering me. I just want someone to think my baby is MY baby. Right? Is anyone else struggling with this?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search