Healing

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
How is everybody healing up post partum wise? I myself have finally stopped bleeding after 7 weeks and all of the scab is gone off of my incision site I'm functioning pretty normally and I think that I may be ready to start regular exercise to start getting rid of the excess weight and see how much excess skin I really have :/ as of now I have folds of loose skin starting at my rib cage going all the way down my belly... We'll see how It goes
May 22nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still bleeding over here. :/ I've had a couple random times of period like cramps but I can't imagine AF being back already. (DS is only 3 weeks and Im bfing). Other than that I feel fine most of the time. We've been walking since 1 week out but only in short burst as I still get some pressure if I go to long.

May 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm all healed...bleeding has stopped, and I don't have any soreness. Feeling pretty good. I've been doing Pilates some, and walking occasionally, and today I did a postnatal workout dvd for the first time. I'm not focusing on losing weight quickly...that never works for me while BF, but I do feel better if I exercise some. I just have to make sure I still eat enough to keep my supply up.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
I am still bleeding, but other than that im healing ok. I am having some back issues since my delivery, but they are getting better slowly. I am walking a few miles a day which is helping.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Geez, and I was complaining about bleeding for 5 weeks. I feel all healed most of the time, and definitely feel better than last time. However, I have an issue where I get pain in my pelvis when I am sleeping. I suppose it happens at other times, but I have been able to shift positions during the day. At night, I don't realize it until I wake up in pain. It has actually gotten worse over the time since I've delivered so I told my midwife yesterday, and I have to go to PT to see if anything can be done.

May 22nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Im all healed. Bleeding stopped at 3 weeks pp. I have been running for the past 3 weeks and feel great, no soreness.

May 22nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm completely healed. My bleeding stopped around 3 weeks after birth.. I've already had aunt flo visit once recently. I haven't missed her AT ALL!!
May 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Healing okay. I think I'm finally turning a corner. I stopped bleeding about a week ago (4.5 weeks), and my incision is healed up, but I still felt a lot of pain in my abdomen until the last couple days. It's my third c section and it has just been harder this time. I was even a little worried something was wrong, but I'm feeling enough better now that I'm not too concerned anymore.
May 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm at 4 weeks PP. Still bleeding, but just barely. No pain. This has been a really easy recovery for me. I've been walking, but I realized there's no way I'll be able to run this summer. My boobs are just too heavy.

May 23rd, 2013, 01:20 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
Glad that everyone is healing up good! My knees have been really bothering me since I gave birth. Told my OB and she said she had never heard of anything like that before. So I am trying to schedule an appointment with my regular physician. its kept my walking to a minimum unfortunately
May 23rd, 2013, 04:02 AM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I stopped bleeding last week at 4 weeks pp. I feel really good physically!

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

May 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still really sore at 3 weeks PP. My bleeding stopped around 2 weeks so that part is nice I guess. I did call the nurses line today to finally ask if being this sore still is normal. I was really looking forward to jogging this summer but I didn't even consider my breast size while nursing. I may have to put that exercise on hold for awhile. Honestly I would be thrilled to take the dog for a 20 minute walk at this point.

Nikki- are your knees sore on the front of them? I had that last time post delivery and I have it this time too. I can't put any weight on them (like kneeling) at all even on the bed. Is that what yours is like? Mine eventually went away on its own.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search