All about formula

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By ERnurse86

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're using baby formula (full time or supplementing), how's it going? What brand are you using? Did you have to try more than one before finding one that works well for your baby? Any frustrations? Which bottles do you like?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 27th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
We were supplementing at night to get her to sleep longer but found it wasn't making a difference so she's back to straight BM.

We were using Gerber Good Start Gentle mixed with the BM and the only thing I noticed is she was pooping more. Other than that she didn't seem to mind it!

Oh & we use the Playtex Drop Ins - nice and easy to clean!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

May 27th, 2013, 01:50 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I was using the same formula and system for the couple of nights that I was so exhausted and my girl was just ravenous..lout it didn't seem to make much difference. We're back to straight breast milk too.
May 27th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran
We are full time formula and using Enfamil soy due to problems with milk based formulas. Colton was using powder but with his silent reflux we switched to ready to feed, and he is now doing fine on the soy and eating well. It is costing more for the ready feed and I envy those of you who can breast feed (I was unable per my breast surgeon). Anyone who has any Enfamil coupons they aren't using, feel free to send them to me. We use playtex drop ins, originally used Avent but decided to switch.

Last edited by bananamagic; May 28th, 2013 at 07:01 AM.
May 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM
shorty123's Avatar Veteran
We are full time formula and we are using Similac neosure ready made its very costly and hard to find so i have to have it delivered from a local hospital supply store and it costs 18 dollars a bottle right now im spending roughly 500 a month on formula.i dont get enough milk supply so therefore i cant Brestfeed

Haylee (June 2002)

Robert (Jan 2004)

Nicholas (Oct 2007)

Blake (Dec 2008)

Skylar (Nov 2010)

Cory (Dec 2011)

My little Premie Maygan
(March 4th 2013) Original due date April 25th

Our newest arrival Justyn (April 12th 2014)
7lbs 7oz born at 10:30am

May 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am using similac sensitive, however will be switching to good start. Good start doesn't have the odor like similac does. I have used it with all of my kids including my 15 year old.
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.
May 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty123 View Post
We are full time formula and we are using Similac neosure ready made its very costly and hard to find so i have to have it delivered from a local hospital supply store and it costs 18 dollars a bottle right now im spending roughly 500 a month on formula.i dont get enough milk supply so therefore i cant Brestfeed
I thought i saw this at Babies R Us in 32 oz size. They might be a little less and you can use your rebate copons too (maybe you can use those at where you are buying already). I am spending about $250-300 a month.

May 28th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Regular
We are now doing formula only! We are using Goodstart Soothe. We attempt Similac and he got SOOOOO sick! So far he has done well with the Soothe
mama3o likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just switched to the goodstart gentle one. smells better even coming up....compared with similac!!!!!!!!!
May 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
shorty123's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananamagic View Post
I thought i saw this at Babies R Us in 32 oz size. They might be a little less and you can use your rebate copons too (maybe you can use those at where you are buying already). I am spending about $250-300 a month.
Thanks ill have to look there and see its very costly

Haylee (June 2002)

Robert (Jan 2004)

Nicholas (Oct 2007)

Blake (Dec 2008)

Skylar (Nov 2010)

Cory (Dec 2011)

My little Premie Maygan
(March 4th 2013) Original due date April 25th

Our newest arrival Justyn (April 12th 2014)
7lbs 7oz born at 10:30am

May 30th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
Yikes! That's awful that you have to spend so much $ on formula. I've saved all my coupons and don't expect to use them (I'm breastfeeding), so if any of you want to message me your addresses and the brand you're using, I'll try to send you some. I have many that look like checks with my name printed on them, but I'm assuming anyone could use them, right?
June 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you guys are finding out what works! It stinks how much formula costs. :S

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search