Birth Contol Pill Question

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok...so here's my dilemma. Doc told me to start the pill on the sunday after my period. Now my question is I am not sure if I have my period or more bleeding. I have cramps, but what if it is just left over bleeding and I start my pill.

I've read that you can start a birth control pill any time post partum, but am trying to start according to what the doc says. I am just afraid that if it is not my period and I start I won't be protected... I have no problem using back up...just not really sure how long! I just know that I don't want any more babies!!! I am happy with what I have.....

What are your thoughts...
June 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As long as you're not pregnant, you can start any time. If you start within 5 days of when your period starts, it is supposed to be effective right away. If it is more than 5 days, or you're not sure, it is recommend to use backup (barrier method) for at least 7 days (though I'd recommend a full cycle, especially if you want to be extra sure).

And you probably know this, but while we're on the subject, with the mini pill, it is very important to take it at exactly the same time every day. Varying even a little bit could lead to failure.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I'd start it and use backup for a week. Hormone should be present to prevent ovulation from occurring. But you could even do 2 to be extra safe.

I havent had pp AF yet, I started my micronor Sunday. Once next week starts then I'm OK with us not using condoms. Keep in mind, unless you are actively tracking for O, you never know when it could happen during your cycle. That even waiting for a period depending k. Your ovulation could be useless
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
June 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for answering!! I am pretty sure that I have my period.... Will start it on Sunday and be extra cautious for a while!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search