Grocery shopping

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nameetog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you take your baby shopping? How do you manage them? In a wrap/carrier? In a car seat? Leave them home with daddy? Something else?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 9th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
We go as a family. I haven't attempted grocery shopping just L and I. I wear him in one of our wraps and usually sleeps through it or quietly looks around. So far so good.

June 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I go grocery shopping with my 2 youngest while the oldest is in school. I put my daughter in the carriage seat and Alex in the Maya wrap. They do fine
Kennydra likes this.

June 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So far I have only taken him once, and I wore him in the Beco carrier. I usually leave him home with daddy.
June 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually take Anna with me, in the Moby. I haven't taken both girls by myself, but if the whole family goes, Grace sits in the she shopping cart and Anna rides in the Moby.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I often take the youngest 2. It depends how much we have to get on how I manage it. If it's a small trip, then I keep him in his car seat and put Katie in the cart seat. If it's a larger trip, Katie still goes in the cart seat, and Xavier is in a carrier on me.

June 9th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far we have been going as a family or I will leave the baby home with dad and just take my older daughter in the evening. Once I got to go by myself in the evening and it felt like a vacation!
June 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never food shop. I am an impulse shopper! I would buy everything and anything that looks good. So, to save money and time, I food shop in my pjs. For 10 dollars our supermarket will shop for you..I do it online, save a ton of money and I have to shop for 6 of us so I do it in my pj's over a few days time and do it with my list and my recipes for the week. I love it so much...Their circular has a coupon for free all the time, so it waves the 10$ fee, I just have to pick it up ! I love it!
June 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ingrid almost always comes with me and hangs in the mei tai. Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she observes, sometimes she does them both on and off the whole trip! If I go on the weekend, I often also bring my son. It used to be our 1 on 1 time on the weekends, so it's nice to keep him involved. He rides in the cart or pushes his own little one.

June 9th, 2013, 08:57 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've taken both of my kids for shorter trips several times. DH and I take the baby in the carrier to Costco every 2 weeks when DS1 is with his dad.
June 10th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
I have taken the littles by myself but I prefer not to. I havent gotten my carrier yet so crossing the parking lot with the 18m old hurricane and infant in car seat if I can't get a cart means its a no go out
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
June 10th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually take Rosie and Leland grocery shopping when Ethan is in school. Leland sits in the shopping cart seat and I wear Rosie either in the Beco or Moby. She does great and usually sleeps the whole time and Leland likes having her right there so he can hug and kiss her

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I haven't taken Cole shopping yet. He is always home with DH when I go. I haven't gotten up the courage yet !

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

June 10th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran
This is the one thing that I have done quite often with both kids. Nate rides in the cart and I wear Joey in the Ergo

June 10th, 2013, 09:24 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I try to leave him home with dad otherwise I take baby while he is napping. I just leave him in the carseat.

Forever missing my angel 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search