How punctual are you?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dylans_mommy
  • 1 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you usually early? On time? Late?

What about your SO?

Has having a baby changed that any?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
We were always early before baby. Now sometimes we are late if L decides he's hungry when we are walking out the door lol. I try to plan for more time and be early to wherever we are going and just feed him when we get there.

June 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Excited first time mommy!
I was always the type of person who was early. My DH gets there when he gets there... I think I overestimate how long it takes to get somewhere and he underestimates... Usually now with baby, I'm right on time because I plan for his little needs as much as I can. I think he knows when it's time to leave bc that's when he poos. haha
Sneetch likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It really depends on where I am going/ who I am meeting. I get to appointments about 10-15 minutes early. If I am meeting other mom friends I usually run a little late. I think this is in part because my friends are usually running late so if I get there on time I end up just waiting around.

My husband has to be early. If he isn't early somewhere he freaks out. This is a little stressful now that we have two kids and it seems like something always comes up at the last second when he is already stressed.
June 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
i am always early. dh is always late. now i am typically a few minutes late.
June 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
I was normally early still early but have to plan his feeds around everything its hard work knowing that he needs a feed n then u got abt 1n a half hour to get there.n back xx

June 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was always always always on time or early.
DH is pretty good about being on time.
Since we have had the baby we have been late to two things but its just parties and we weren't TOO late.
We make all of our doctors appointments on time though.
June 12th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am usually late. That's something I have always struggled with. I underestimate how long it's going to take to get out the door. But I don't think having Samuel has made it any worse.
HalfDozen likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate being late. So of course I married someone who really doesn't care about being on time. He's not only a procrastinator, but he has no ability to judge how long things will take. So if it's just me, I'm usually early or on time. With DH, we're usually late.

When we first had Grace, we really struggled to get out the door in time. This time around, it doesn't seem to be as problematic. I think we've just gotten more efficient.
nameetog likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMGoodness seriously

My husband just doesn't care or can't judge. I am almost never late. I usually am right on time not too early

June 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I'm usually late because I just don't stress about being somewhere at an exact time. However, if i know I'm meeting someone for who it's very important to be on time, then I get there on time, or a couple minutes early. And, over time, I've tried to make a conscious effort to be on time for certain things for the kids, especially if they've voiced that they don't want to be late. It really depends on exactly what I'm going to, and how important I think it is. I also give myself a time in my head that I want to get out the door, but it NEVER happens. It's usually a good 15-30 minutes after that when I actually get to leave. Things always take longer than I think they are going to.

My hubby has no sense of urgency, either so we're not good for each other.

The only thing that has changed since having the baby is that now we're later than normal. But the biggest change really came after I had the 4th because it had been several years since we physically had to get someone else ready since the other girls were older.
mama3o likes this.

June 13th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you usually early? On time? Late? I have no choice but to be on time for work... I teach kids!! Imagine being late for that! However, I am running like heck to get out the door! I know it will be hard next year, but that gives me 2 more months to practice getting out the door! I am late for everything else, but I don't love being late in anyway..I try to be early! I was early for my 6 week check up and was so proud, and they were an hour and a half behind...see what I get.

What about your SO? Late for everything but gets all flustered when he's getting ready! It's hysterical!

Has having a baby changed that any? Yes I am even later than I was before!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search