Lilly's Appointment

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
So Lilly had her appointment today...

All went well at the start lol... She weights 11.4 pounds (holy crap) and is 22 inches... after the nurse left and we were waiting on the doctor to come in she started crying... leading into screaming, inconsolable screaming.. as I was trying to tell the doctor all the symptoms I had written down telling him (more like yelling) that it sounds like reflux, well he did tryyy to write it off as normal as he said all babies spit up... ummm well that wasn't my main concern.. her cough, choking and screaming bits were what were really concerning me... well I laid Lilly down so he could check her vitals of course she screamed louder when I laid her down, me being so stressed that he was legit trying to write it off as normal, seeing her screaming so bad crying red faced sweating... I started crying lol well he listened to me then (men seeing a women cry is hard to take i guess) not what I was trying for but I couldn't help it I was at loss for her being so in pain all the time... He finally talked of the possibilities and what we were going to do FINALLY a plan of action... First he said to use Enfamil Nutramigen formula (hypoallergenic) ****** 35$ a can though I got small sample cans, he put her on an anti acid that is in liquid form, and said if we wanted to we could put Oatmeal Cereal (like rice starch) in her bottles... Next comes the crappy SHOTS now after he left telling me the nurse would be in to give her her shots I finally got the poor tired girl to sleep on my shoulder annnd well lol you know how it goes... good ol shots... she got 3 shots in the leg and one oral dose... my gosh she screamed, the most heart wrenching scream ever and just looked at me, stared dead at me I felt HORRIBLE! but she was fine after, she was SOOOOOOOOOOoooo tired, she fell asleep quite easy after, I have another appointment the 18th of next month I might try sooner because he wanted us back in 2 weeks... but for Thursdays and Fridays they were booked...

on a side note when we went to get the prescription filled.. UGH! her stupid insurance is pending, (in process of all the crap they need to do) well lets just say out of pocket her Anti Acid stuff was 160$ hopefully her insurance will reimburse the money when she does get her card

anyway he is not really SURE that's what she has, just trying stuff I guess, I figured for now I am going to try the Anti Acid stuff first because honestly how is he going to know which thing works if we try both (or all 3) at once???? So for a few days we will do the stuff for the Acid Reflux and then if it doesn't seem to work we will try the Nutramigen formula

June 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I would try the formula first before medication. The formula may be expensive but I have heard nothing but good amazing things about that formula.

Also, see if you qualify for WIC. Since you're not married, you could always "tell" the WIC office you live alone. If you qualify and you get a note from the Ped saying she needs the formula, WIC will cover it for you.
MsRK, Cortney6983 and dylans_mommy like this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
becca4steven's Avatar Veteran
Well try the forumla first for at least to weeks to see how it goes it takes time for a baby body to get used to new things. Of that doesnt work try the other stuff xx

June 14th, 2013, 11:13 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it was a stressful appointment! Glad you've got some things to try...hopefully one of them, or some combination, will help. I agree that changing just one at a time may be helpful so that you know which things help/don't help. Good luck!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I logged in to see how your appointment went yesterday so I was glad to see an update. I am sorry that it was stressful! Of course it is up to you to decide which thing to try to switch first but I might try the new formula first too. And if she does better on that see if you can get a note from the doctor and get WIC to cover it. The way I see it, if the formula switch could "solve" the problem, that is better in my book than giving her something to "medicate" the problem without solving it, does that makes sense? It's your call though.

I hope that something starts to help her feel better!
Cortney6983 likes this.
June 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just checking in to see how things are going...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yuck.... I hope that it works out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search