Team Green Mamas

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By nameetog
  • 2 Post By redfishbluefish
  • 1 Post By MellowYellow

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What was your initial reaction when you found out the gender? How did your families react? I want to hear the stories!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was thrilled, surprised, and elated when I saw that it was a girl! (My doc pulled her out of the c/s and let us announce the gender before she even saw.) I was mentally prepared (and excited) for another boy, but was over the moon when I saw we got our girl.

I don't know if my family and friends had any other interesting reactions. They were very excited just to have the addition to the family. We got a lot of "now your family is complete!" and "how wonderful, one of each!" But I'm sure it would have been similarly positive comments about having 2 boys too, so I don't know that anything stood out.

Folks sure did love buying us clothes though! I just loved being Team Green both times. I always highly recommend it to others!
HalfDozen likes this.

June 15th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love hearing this. I so wanted to be green team with our first but hubby really wanted to know. In the end he wanted to know more than I didn't so we found out. Ive always thought it would be cool to get that moment at the end
~AmazedByYou~ likes this.

June 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Veteran
I had a very similar experience to MaineBean.

I was kind of shocked that Joey was a girl. I don't know why but I had kind of convinced myself and was prepared to have another boy.

My midwife put her on my chest and let me announce the gender. I was so shocked and happy at the same time. It was so exciting I was really really glad that we went team green this time! It was great
HalfDozen and nameetog like this.

June 16th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Mommy in the Making
We also didnt want anyone to tell us if it was a boy or girl when she was born, so the midwife placed her on my chest and after we bonded for probably 5+ minutes, I picked her up to see for myself if we had a he or she. i actually had to ask DH because the umbilical cord was in the way! He said it was a girl and I said "oh i wanted a girl!" i was so happy! it would've been wonderful either way, but deep down I wanted a daughter and felt she was a girl from the moment i knew I was pregnant.

DH wanted a boy for our first and went the whole pregnancy thinking it was a boy because he thought he heard the ultrasound tech say "HE looks healthy" during one of the ultrasounds...but the moment she was born, he fell in love. I was never really a believer in love at first sight, but now I am! It was such an amazing moment! I will definitely be team green again if we have a second.

All of our family members were thrilled to have a granddaughter/niece, except my MIL's initial reaction when she found out over the phone was to say "what am I going to do with a girl?" But that changed when she got to the hospital to meet her! And people really do love to buy clothes once they find out the gender! We only got 3 outfits at my shower, but after she was born everyone sent clothes.
HalfDozen likes this.
June 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love reading these! Thanks for sharing! It seems so exciting...I just couldn't do it either time.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 17th, 2013, 02:43 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
It was kind of sad to know what we were having already. This was the first time we knew way ahead of time. Last time, we only found out about a week before I had her, and we never knew with any of the others. It's so fun to have that ultimate surprise!!!

June 18th, 2013, 09:23 AM
MommysPocket's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had him I seen all the boy parts but no one had really said anything so I thought I was seeing things, lol. Then the Dr finally said 'Well, you have a son! Now you have to pick a name!' He knew we were still undecided on boy names lol.

DD seen him and just smiled, we thought she would be sad it wasn't a girl but she did great! The rest of the family was super excited too. DH side has a good mix of boys and girls but Jr was the first boy on my side in a long time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search