weight loss? what are you doing?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By kimberley
  • 2 Post By nameetog
  • 3 Post By mommy to alexander
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 5 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 2 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 3 Post By Sneetch
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 1 Post By bellasky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just curious what everyone is doing to get fit?

Me - Just little things... I have a dvd and trying to walk...
June 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've just started cutting out sugar. The weather hasn't been very good to go out for walks, but it should be improving soon.. I love walking outside.
mama3o likes this.
June 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not nearly enough! I kinda can't wait to get back to Pilates but I can't leave him in the babysitting room yet... I need to get my but in gear.
~AmazedByYou~ and mama3o like this.

June 19th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran
I'm doing Weight Watchers. I was doing it before I got pregnant and went back on it a month after she was born. My dh has never saw me this small (though, not really small, lol) If I count what I lost before I got pregnant and since, I am down about 40lbs and feel great!!!
~AmazedByYou~, mama3o and nameetog like this.

June 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Working out with DVDs, and on the elliptical. I'm also using MyFitnessPal to track calories & workouts.
~AmazedByYou~ and mama3o like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 19th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I've lost all my pregnancy weight and more just breastfeeding. I've been running and boxing to get back into the shape I was in last year.
mama3o likes this.

June 19th, 2013, 06:33 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm breastfeeding and am back to bellydance once a week. I should do more (like any exercise) but I'm desperately afraid of affecting my milk supply which at this point is just enough. KellyMom says the fat burning high point is 3-6 months and I'm hoping being a dairy farm will eat away my gut!!

June 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Super Mommy
nothing. i control portion sizes the same as i did before i got pregnant. i am about half a poun below my pre-pregnancy weight.
June 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to do something. Last time all the weight came off in the first two weeks. This time I was left with 15 extra pounds at 7 weeks PP. I am pretty sure I have lost all the water weight at this point haha. I was starting to exercise and then I got sick so once I am feeling better I will be back in action.
mama3o likes this.
June 20th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I walk every night with the baby & the dog.
I really try to watch what I eat and am attempting to cut some carbs since that's all I ate while pregnant. I have this obsession lately with spinach wraps ... yummy

I'm about 5-8lbs above pre pregnany weight and in a size 8-10 (I was a 7 before getting pregnant) ... I'm OK with my weight right now but am doing what I can to try to widdle it back down slowly.

Like Maine said above "3-6 months is when you burn the most pumping/BF'ing" - hoping that's true

:-)
MaineBean and mama3o like this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been walking a lot and I'm going to get a rowing machine. I'm not good at dieting while I'm breastfeeding, because I feel so hungry all the time. So I'm trying to be active and just rein in my appetite.

When I am done breastfeeding, I am going to do Medifast/Take Shape for Life. I did that right before I got pregnant and I lost 40 pounds, so I know I like it and that it worked for me. They do have a breastfeeding plan, but it's different enough from the regular plan that I don't expect it to work as well for me. So I think I'll hold off on that until I'm done breastfeeding.
~AmazedByYou~, Kennydra and mama3o like this.
June 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberley View Post
I've just started cutting out sugar. The weather hasn't been very good to go out for walks, but it should be improving soon.. I love walking outside.
I love sugar way too much...My down fall!
HalfDozen likes this.
June 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
Super Mommy
Joined a gym last night and did a step and weightlifting class this morning. it was the first time ive worked out in 5 yrs and, because I am completely uncoordinated, it was comical. Honestly, I signed up for the gym so that I could have an hour of me time with A in the nursery.
June 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I am going to the gym with my husband and he is teaching me the machines. I'm also trying to get us out walking more but in 100 degree heat that is difficult. we actually took her to the park and walked a mile. it felt so good. I'm still having hip pain but it still felt nice to be active.
utexas10 likes this.

June 22nd, 2013, 02:59 AM
Mommy :)
I just recently got my DVDs and wii fit and Zumba out. I haven't started yet bc I'm worried about a drop in supply. I've started drinking more water and 1-2 gatorades a day for a few days before I start. It is so hot already here in Florida that we don't go on many walks bc you either have to go early in the morning or late afternoon.

I will start back to the gym when I go back to work in August.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search