Throwback Thursday

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
5 years ago ...

Where were you?
How old were you?
Did you have children yet?
Had you met your SO/DH yet?

Biggest fear?
Happy memory?

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 27th, 2013, 08:04 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see...

I was 30, I'd been out of pharmacy school for a year, and was working at my current job (which, at that time, was pretty stressful). DH and I had been married nearly 5 years. We were looking for a new house, and were pretty disappointed because a deal fell through that we were already under contract for. But shortly after that we started the process of building our current house. It sounds like it was a good time, but it was the beginning of one of the most difficult times of our lives (unrelated to building the house). No kids yet...Grace was conceived the following year.

Happy memory: finding out that we really were going to get to build our house.

Biggest fear: I'd rather not say

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 28th, 2013, 04:53 AM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
[QUOTE="Missa_Mae;27482578"]5 years ago ...

Where were you? In nursing school
How old were you? 20
Did you have children yet? Nope
Had you met your SO/DH yet? Yup, we've been together since high school. We weren't married at the time though.

Biggest fear? That year was a horrible horrible year for me. I lost my dad unexpectedly just two days after my grandfather passed. I feared losing my mom and anyone else close to me under similar circumstances
Happy memory? Started nursing school

June 28th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Super Mommy
Where were you? It was the summer between my second and third year of lawschool and I was clerking at my current firm.

How old were you? 28

Did you have children yet? No.

Had you met your SO/DH yet? I had met him once and hated him.

Biggest fear? I am scared of spiders but my biggest fear is something serious happening to my baby (at any age). The thing I stress most about is not being able to financially support my family.

Happy memory? Other than the first time I held A...probably my trip to London in 2007.
June 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in University
I was 23
DS1 was 1yr old.
I hadn't met DH quite yet, but very soon!
Happy Memory - DS1 and I lived alone after living with my parents for a year, and it was exciting.
Fear - Don't really remember
June 28th, 2013, 11:22 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where were you? Living here in Maine, same place, same job!
How old were you? 29
Did you have children yet? Nope
Had you met your SO/DH yet? Oh heavens yes. We'd been married for almost 3 years. We had met 14 years previously!

Biggest fear? At the time? Gosh, I don't remember. I was preoccupied with DH finishing architecture schooling.
Happy memory? I had gone on a San Franscisco vacation with DH in the spring and was gearing up for a joint 30th and 60th bday trip to Disney World with my mom. Both trips were awesome.

June 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Mommy :)
Where were you: in Disney on a family vacation: (talking online summer classes and working as a server)

How old: almost 20

Children yet: Laycie was 10 months old

Met S/O/DH yet? I was married to my girls dad but I knew my S/O at the time.

Biggest fear: finishing my teaching degree

Happy memory: making memories in Disney for my daughters first trip.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
June 28th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missa_mae View Post
5 years ago ...

Where were you? I had just graduated college
how old were you? 25
did you have children yet? Nope
had you met your so/dh yet? Not in june but we met in oct

biggest fear? I was having stomach surgery in july ...
Happy memory? My vacation to new orleans!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

June 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran
5 years ago, That was a horrible year for me. February of that year I had my horrible car accident and lost our baby. I was 24 years old and 6 months pregnant. Me and dh had been married for 3 yrs and had Alex. Alex was two.

My biggest fear of that year....Thats hard. I had lots of fears. I was scared to drive, I feared to ever drive on snow again, I feared I would be depressed and not be able to care for my living child. I feared I would never be able to walk like a normal person again. I feared I would loose my marriage, losing a child is so hard on a marriage. I feared I wouldn't ever be able to carry a pregnancy or have a normal birth since I had broke my pelvis. I feared I would never be able to rough house with alex or give him pony rides or piggy back rides because I broken back. I blamed everything on myself and kept telling Andy I killed our baby. Needless to say, I had many many fears and it was a very hard time for me. I'm glad to say that I overcame all of my fears (except driving in snow, I still won't do that)

My happy memory from that year was being able to get past all of my injuries and do a lot a physical therapy and be able to open my hair salon. The salon had made it possible for me to work 2 minutes from home and have my mom watch my kids. It has also made it possible for me to work part time and get to spend a lot of time with my kids.

That was a pretty bad year for me, maybe next time we can do 10 years ago, my post won't be near as long or sad then!!!

July 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
5 years ago ...

Where were you? Living and working in MA - I had recently gotten a new job and was still working from home part-time at my other job so money-wise, it was pretty good.
How old were you? 31
Did you have children yet? I had 3 girls and never thought I'd get hubby to agree to anymore so I assumed that was all we'd have.
Had you met your SO/DH yet? Yes, we'd been married for 8 1/2 years.

Biggest fear? I really can't remember. For the most part, it was going pretty well.
Happy memory? Canoeing that summer with my hubby while the kids were visiting their grandparents. (That led to me getting strep, and then thrush. The strep took 2 doses of antibiotics, but I digress....)

July 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
5 years ago ...

Where were you? I was living in the same house I am now in Georgetown, Texas

How old were you? 24

Did you have children yet? no

Had you met your SO/DH yet? Yes, we had been together for about 2 years and were already living together.

Biggest fear? not having a successful career. I had just quit a corporate job at Dell and was waiting tables while trying to figure out a new career path after major cubicle burnout.

Happy memory? That year in October, my SO and I traveled to Spain and got engaged; it was pretty magical. We also adopted our two black labs that fall - they turn 5 on Wednesday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search