Independence Day

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JennBer
  • 1 Post By MaineBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 04:44 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
U.S. mamas: do you have plans for the 4th?

Are you allowed to purchase/shoot fireworks where you live?

Does your city have a fireworks show/display?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 29th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Possibly the parade and then bazaar. We won't be going to the fireworks.

June 29th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mommy :)
We have a couple of festivals and shows to pick from if we choose to go.

We can't purchase but certain fireworks here in Florida but we are only a few mins from Alabama.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
June 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will take it easy during the day, it is going to be hot here! At night we usually spend time with our neighbors and they set off fireworks and we watch.
June 29th, 2013, 02:53 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
Let's see, we have a Parade and then we have vendors that set up around the court house lawn. It's a big deal around here with fake bank robberies and stuff happening at the Fort. So we usually have a pretty busy few days for the 4th around here, it will start on Thurs and run through Sunday. We will probably skip the big dance on Sat night this year but will for sure walk around and check out all the booths and what not. So excited! Just a few more days then I get to have my funnel cake!
anjawb likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 03:15 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea what we will do. We don't have plans yet.

We can purchase fireworks, but can't set them off in city limits. Our city does a patriotic show with fireworks, and the capitol city nearby does a big professional fireworks display on the river. Last year all of it was cancelled due to the drought/burn ban. I doubt we'll go this year, anyway..

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; July 1st, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
July 1st, 2013, 10:04 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Hubby is working for a bit, which ruined my plans to work that day, but I'm hoping we'll catch some fireworks that evening nearby.

July 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
No plans for the 4th. Our town is doing everything this weekend so we will go Saturday. We won't go to the fireworks though, I think they are too loud for me so I'm not chancing it with L.

Saturday there is a whole antique car show, tons of food vendors, game booths and then the fireworks.

July 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have plans for the 4th? We're going down to my parents' in MA on Wed night thru the weekend. They have a pool and the weather is supposed to be great, so we're looking forward to the time away.

Are you allowed to purchase/shoot fireworks where you live? In Maine we can, not sure about Mass. Either way I think it's a terrible idea to let your average idiot shoot off explosives. Mostly it just scares us in the middle of the night. Luckily a lot of towns and people aren't keen on it so it isn't allowed everywhere.

Does your city have a fireworks show/display? At home they have a great display that we can see by taking a short walk down the street. Don't know if we'll see anything while we're away. We usually go to a friends' town's display, but she's due with her second halfway through the month and it's a bit of a drive, so I think we'll pass this year. I bought some big ol sparklers instead for DS.

July 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are hosting a BBQ for the 4th. My siblings, hubby's siblings and parents (mine are away) and a few of our cousins and kids. Should be super fun

We are allowed to have fireworks. Live Free or Die New Hampshire! We will have sparklers for the kids and a few small fireworks. We don't have a ton of land to shoot of big displays - too many trees

Our town has fireworks this past weekend for Old Home Days but it got rained out. Not sure when they will reschedule. There are lots of displays around. I'm certain we will see plenty

July 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameetog View Post
Live Free or Die New Hampshire!
You crazy New Hampshire-ites! My snobby Mass-hole roots roll their eyes at you and my new bumpkin Maine status gives you a thumbs up, LOL.
HalfDozen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search