Rice cereal

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
^my old LC told me to eat ice cream to make my milk "fattier" so it would satisfy her more. She said she to get the "good" stuff like Hagendaz (sp) lol so that was my excuse to eat ice cream ... every night ... hehe. It's probably not helping me lose that last 5-8lbs but oh well ...

You could try upping your food intake like MsRK said above ... doesn't hurt!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you've gotten lots of advice. I think this is one of those recommendations that has really changed over the years as more research has been done. One thing to remember is that babies do not have the digestive enzymes necessary to digest grains at this age, so cereal might fill up their tummies but won't provide any nutrition. The only way to provide more nutrition is to give more milk. Like others said, it's likely a growth spurt...which can be super demanding. Hopefully it'll pass in a few days. In the meantime, maybe add in an extra pump session if you can. Good luck!
~AmazedByYou~ and jen747 like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Putting cereal in a bottle is a HUGE aspiration risk which means instead of swallowing the concoction, they breathe it into their lungs which can be deadly. If ANY pediatrician I knew recommended it, I"d get a new doctor ASAP. Also, It's quite possible that he's being overfed with the bottle. 10oz in three hours is wayyy too much. Are you using paced bottle feeding and the slowest flow nipples?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4T70OSzGs

Last edited by ~AmazedByYou~; July 2nd, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search