Pregnancy Question...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
My bff is 27 weeks along with a little girl.
She had a M/C last October (she was about 8 weeks along)

All is well with her right now, baby is moving, HB is great. However, the doctor told her she is measuring small for 27 weeks. Nothing horrible or scary but they want to keep an eye on the baby so she's going for U/S every 2 weeks. Of course she is freaking out and I want to be there for her but I don't have any advice because I haven't gone through that before.

Any advice I can give her? Do babies usually catch up, or does this mean she'll have a little peanut?

Thanks ladies

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard to say, but there's not reason to think that there's anything wrong, necessarily. I'm assuming she's had an anatomy scan...that would have hopefully been able to rule out at least some things. With Anna, I was "measuring small" (fundal height) starting around that point, up until the end. And an ultrasound at around 36 weeks or so showed that she was also measuring small, but not to the point that they were terribly concerned. My OB consulted with the high risk docs, who said that, other than keeping an eye on things (weekly NSTs at the end, and potentially another US if necessary), there wasn't anything else they'd do. And Anna was small at birth, but not shockingly so. And she's perfectly healthy and growing well, so in her case, it all turned out to be fine.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; July 3rd, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
July 3rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
Could just be how she is carrying or what her body type is. I measured small my entire pregnancy and nothing was wrong. Still had a baby over 6 pounds. I have a friend who is 22 weeks pregnant but she is so tall she isn't showing at all. She would obviously measure very behind. Those measurements aren't accurate or meant to precisely match how far along you are

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search