Teething

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MsRK

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Super Mommy
Baby A has been drooling excessively for about 2 months. Then in the past few days she has started taking my hand and putting it in her mouth to chew on it (not suck, but chew). She is 4 months. Should I expect teeth soon?
July 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
She may be "teething" but not necessarily have a tooth pop through yet. But it's very possible.

July 8th, 2013, 01:00 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say it's probably unlikely as most first teeth show up around 6-7 months, but that doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. Sometimes babies just like to explore things with their mouths, which means drooling and sucking and chewing on everything they can! It doesn't hurt to keep your eye on the lower gums to see if you can see or feel anything.

July 8th, 2013, 02:01 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mr. Fuss has been doing the same thing to the letter.. He chews on his hand and on my hand. He holds my hand in both of his and chomps on the side of my hand. I actually gave him one of the teether toys two days ago and he chews away. Slobber, chew, slobber , slobber. chew.. *lol*
utexas10 likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskk826 View Post
She may be "teething" but not necessarily have a tooth pop through yet. But it's very possible.
Ditto...it's not out of the question. Some babies stay in that chewing/drooling stage for a while though.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 9th, 2013, 04:00 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
My baby does the same thing and was told this is a completely normal thing babies do. This is what someone had told me "its not really teething but it is real lol. Its mouth desensitization. Its part of the developmental process that will one day allow him to put food in his mouth! "

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never had any of my others teeth this early, but I too am beginning to question this little one! All she does is chew her whole fist and drool. She will even bite my shoulder with all of her might! It's crazy! My kids usually teeth late, like some of them got teeth after one for the first ones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search