TV

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2
  • 1 Post By anjawb

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 09:21 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Anyone else's LO showing interest?

If L is fussy and our normal things aren't working he will immediately calm down if we turn the tv on and let him watch. He will sit completely content for 10-15 minutes.
Cortney6983 likes this.

July 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
We always have a tv going even if just for background noise and yes sometimes she will just turn to it and stare like it is the most fascinating thing ever.

July 9th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mommy :)
He watches the races with us. Lol

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
July 9th, 2013, 11:48 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It will catch his eye sometimes. but I tend to point him in a direction so he can't see it. If he's fussy, he'd much rather go out on the deck and watch the trees sway. He's a hippie.
July 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
His glider is in the living room, so when we're in there, I turn Sesame Street on. I did it for the singing at first, because the glider's music is a bit harsh, but I do see him watching it.

July 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, not that I've noticed. There's almost always a tv on for noise, unless it's just Anna and me at home. But she doesn't seem to care about it.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I generally don't turn the tv on when it's just me home with the kids, but everyone else does when they're here. He does seem to like certain things on tv. I think he's fascinated with the movement of different colors.

July 9th, 2013, 09:31 PM
anjawb's Avatar Super Mommy
yup Antonia is so fascinated by it, but I try to turn her away. It makes sense that babies are attracted to the light and colors, but I feel like screen time isn't good for her little developing brain... I don't know if theres actually any evidence, but im going to try to keep her from watching TV as long as possible.
kimberley likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Yes! Lilly Fussy-Pants loves the tv.. her and daddy watch shows together all t the time lol

July 10th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
T loves it. If she is fussy I will turn on cartoons and she quiets right down!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't really like him watching TV. But DH isn't the same. Mr. Fuss will sit and watch TV and babble and squeal really loudly especially since DH turns on things like SpongeBob.. If I am working in the office downstairs and I hear him going on like that I know DH is letting him watch TV. He seems to love it...
July 10th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Super Mommy
She likes the movement and colors but she will only look at it for a few minutes.
July 10th, 2013, 10:25 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ingrid is definitely into it. She doesn't like our TV at home so much (25", 12 year old CRT) but she was totally into the big screen at my parents'. She watched the Tour de France with Daddy and Grandpa.

We try to keep TV time to a bare minimum with my almost 4 year old. He gets to watch Sesame and Daniel Tiger on home weekdays, and then Daddy puts on Seinfeld and some PBS news at night. Rarely he gets to watch kid shows on demand through Netflix- Busytown, Shaun the Sheep, and um, that's it. We dont' think TV is particularly good for kids so we limit it pretty strictly.

Ingrid sees some of that stuff and is vaguely interested. When I was watching things on leave and she was nursing, the boob was far more interesting.

July 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I put it on for her when she first wakes up and is happily fed. I have a set of disks.... I only do it for about 20 minutes a day, but I alternate what I put on. I have a baby classical, baby sign language, baby Spanish, and my favorite, Your Baby Can Read. I did it for my boys and it worked wonders. Only 20 minutes while I shower or make breakfast. It was how I was able to get ready for workin the past. I will be going back to work in another 7 weeks, so I'm starting her now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search