Random Stuff

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By jen747

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
this is just a random stuff post because I have not posted much lately!

One reason being is for the past week I have had the MOST HORRIBLE tooth pain..one of my wisdom teeth is coming in... and it has exposed nerves and those nerves got infected ugh so i have been in so much pain! well I am getting them all taken out Tuesday =/ I have heard it sucks to have this done boo but because I am 22 and still under my moms insurance I might as well get it done now the total being 2,200$ I will be paying 110$

anyone had their wisdom teeth taken out? how bad was the after effect?

off that horrible note!

Lilly is 3 months old today! OMG it's crazy how much she has grown she babbles all the time she is learning to squeal and she likes to put her legs in the air and hold her toes, she likes to sleep on her side (she sleeps pretty well that way) so we do naps on her side she is learning to put here Wubba (bink) back in her mouth when it falls out sometimes she stuffs the animal part of it in her mouth instead (idk if you know what a Wubba is but it's a binky with a small stuffed animal at the end of it) she is so close to rolling over from back to tummy. she laughs and smiles it's amazing!

this little baby is so much different than before she actually has very few pain screaming fits now that medicine has done wonders for her she sleeps through the night she doesn't scream constantly.I wish I could post a video on here without having to upload onto youtube but I will do my best to put it up on youtube of her laughing and a few others to show!

Pictures!

so this picture idk how she did it she has her Wubba in her mouth somehow she got the toy phone over it and has her leg in the air while holding it

The next ones I am putting a few up because they go in sequence

Daughter and Father watching cartoons

she notices me taking pictures..

can you say TWIN! she looks like her daddy so much she so far ONLY has my NOSE!

Trying to lick daddies face!

Just a few random ones

July 11th, 2013, 10:13 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cute! Sounds like she's doing very well!

Anna was born the same day, and I also can't believe it's been 3 months. Even as I sit here at work, I'm still sort of in denial that my maternity leave is over already. It just goes so quickly!

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18. They were cut out, and it wasn't bad. I only had two, both on the same side...so my face was pretty swollen on that side. I remember not being able to eat much besides soft foods for a day or two, but it really wasn't bad. I didn't take whatever pain meds they prescribed. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you!
Cortney6983 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww your little darling is so precious! I'm so glad that she is doing much better. Great job getting her feeling better. (I know that you both feel better too)

DH had his wisdom teeth pulled shortly after coming to the states and it isn't the most pleasant thing in the world. It does hurt and and needs a few days to heal to where you don't need pain meds. But you can get pain meds to help. You will be eating soft, easy to eat foods for a few days too, but like all things.. it passes soon enough so I'm sure that you can do it.
Cortney6983 likes this.
July 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I worked in oral surgery for 7 years, so here are the most important things to do:
-Take 3 days off from activity, so the day of surgery plus the next 2 days. That third day is when the inflammation is generally the worst, but you should start to feel better after that. If you follow the directions, the third day won't be so bad. If you have really bad pain/getting worse after those 3 days, that could be a dry socket & it can be treated if you go back to the dr.
-Keep ice on your face as much as you can for those three days.
-Take 3 Advil (ibuprofen), 3 times a day, for 3 days. Take it even if you don't have pain. This will help keep down swelling.
- If you smoke, don't.
- Eat only non-chewing foods for the first 24 hrs--- yogurt, pudding, applesauce, jello. Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Do not use a straw.
- Do not rinse your mouth for 24 hours!! After that, you can gently brush your teeth & start rinsing with warm salt water several times a day, particularly after eating. There will be holes where the teeth were (even if you have stitches!) & food crumbs will go inside, no matter how carefully you chew. It is your job to keep them clean, so continue rinsing until they're closed completely, which can take up to 6 weeks.
- On the second day, you can start eating soft foods. Avoid nuts, seeds, popcorn etc. They can get stuck in the holes & be harder to get out.

If the teeth are not impacted, your recovery will be easier & sometimes you won't need as long to rest, etc. Are you having sedation?

I got one of my wisdom teeth out when I was a teenager by my regular dentist. They didn't give me any instructions, & it hurt and got very swollen. I got the other 3 out when I was about 25 by an oral surgeon (my boss), and I followed the directions & had zero pain.

Ok, enough of my lecture!! haha Let me know if you have any questions!
Cortney6983 likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good info!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 12th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen747 View Post
Ok, I worked in oral surgery for 7 years, so here are the most important things to do:
-Take 3 days off from activity, so the day of surgery plus the next 2 days. That third day is when the inflammation is generally the worst, but you should start to feel better after that. If you follow the directions, the third day won't be so bad. If you have really bad pain/getting worse after those 3 days, that could be a dry socket & it can be treated if you go back to the dr.
-Keep ice on your face as much as you can for those three days.
-Take 3 Advil (ibuprofen), 3 times a day, for 3 days. Take it even if you don't have pain. This will help keep down swelling.
- If you smoke, don't.
- Eat only non-chewing foods for the first 24 hrs--- yogurt, pudding, applesauce, jello. Avoid carbonated drinks.
- Do not use a straw.
- Do not rinse your mouth for 24 hours!! After that, you can gently brush your teeth & start rinsing with warm salt water several times a day, particularly after eating. There will be holes where the teeth were (even if you have stitches!) & food crumbs will go inside, no matter how carefully you chew. It is your job to keep them clean, so continue rinsing until they're closed completely, which can take up to 6 weeks.
- On the second day, you can start eating soft foods. Avoid nuts, seeds, popcorn etc. They can get stuck in the holes & be harder to get out.

If the teeth are not impacted, your recovery will be easier & sometimes you won't need as long to rest, etc. Are you having sedation?

I got one of my wisdom teeth out when I was a teenager by my regular dentist. They didn't give me any instructions, & it hurt and got very swollen. I got the other 3 out when I was about 25 by an oral surgeon (my boss), and I followed the directions & had zero pain.

Ok, enough of my lecture!! haha Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you!! Wonderful info ! I am going to be fully knocked out lol I get claustrophobic at the dentist I am so scared idk why but I am! Oh I do have a question how long does it take for all 4 to be taken out?

July 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Well overall you'll be there at least an hour, but as far as the procedure itself, it just depends on how your teeth are. If they're impacted, it'll take longer. They'll get you ready & off to sleep, then give you local anesthesia so you'll be numb, and then you'll get woken up as soon as they're done with the last tooth, and then they'll let you lay down & recover for a while. I've had cases only take 5 minutes to actually get the teeth out, but the rest of the stuff takes time too.
I forgot to say that you'll be biting on gauze til the bleeding stops. Sometimes it takes hours, & you change the gauze every half hour. You'll probably have to buy some, but a great trick is to bite on a moist tea bag if you have them. There's something in the tea that actually helps the bleeding stop. Don't steep it, just get it right out if the box, wet it, stick it way back where the tooth was & bite without talking.
Your dr may have different instructions for you of course, but these were the things we told our patients to do.

July 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Well overall you'll be there at least an hour, but as far as the procedure itself, it just depends on how your teeth are. If they're impacted, it'll take longer. They'll get you ready & off to sleep, then give you local anesthesia so you'll be numb, and then you'll get woken up as soon as they're done with the last tooth, and then they'll let you lay down & recover for a while. I've had cases only take 5 minutes to actually get the teeth out, but the rest of the stuff takes time too.
I forgot to say that you'll be biting on gauze til the bleeding stops. Sometimes it takes hours, & you change the gauze every half hour. You'll probably have to buy some, but a great trick is to bite on a moist tea bag if you have them. There's something in the tea that actually helps the bleeding stop. Don't steep it, just get it right out if the box, wet it, stick it way back where the tooth was & bite without talking.
Your dr may have different instructions for you of course, but these were the things we told our patients to do.
If I remember correctly she said the bottom ones are impacted but all of them are peeking through the gums, you can see the teeth just no room the top ones are out already just one is infected.. my dad was saying back when my mom ad hers out it took 6 hours lol ! Thanks so much for the advice I actually think I have tea bags in the cupboard!

July 12th, 2013, 09:37 AM
They shouldn't be too bad then. Tops are generally very easy & don't hurt at all afterwards, and it doesn't sound like your bottom ones will be any trouble either. And you're very smart to be getting them out niw while you're still young! Good luck!
Abd I'm sorry I hijacked your post with all this tooth talk. You're pics are adorable.

July 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
They shouldn't be too bad then. Tops are generally very easy & don't hurt at all afterwards, and it doesn't sound like your bottom ones will be any trouble either. And you're very smart to be getting them out niw while you're still young! Good luck!
Abd I'm sorry I hijacked your post with all this tooth talk. You're pics are adorable.
No don't be! I honestly needed this lol I have been so scared !

July 12th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the pictures and I am so glad to hear that things are going well!

I had my wisdom teeth out as a teenager and I had all sorts of complications and then went off to summer camp with dry socket and everything got infected. In hindsight that was kind of terrible timing. I have friends who have gotten them out and been fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search