Your placenta...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(Maybe a gross question for some, so feel free to ignore if you wish!)

What happened to your placenta after it came out? Did you see it? Or was it taken away without you ever even seeing it/knowing about it? Was it discarded? Sent for testing? Anyone have theirs encapsulated? If so, was it worth it, in your opinion?

Both times, for some reason, DH took a picture of mine. Not sure why, but it's kind of funny! No one needs to see those pics haha. This time, mine was sent to pathology to be evaluated, I think because Anna was unexpectedly admitted to the NICU. I never heard anything else about it, so I'm guessing they didn't really find anything worth mentioning. In all the chaos of the delivery room right after she was born, with 100 people in the room, and her not oxygenating well, I remember hearing, "Where's the placenta? Where's the placenta?" ...how do you misplace that? LOL. But I guess they were looking for it/making sure it was sent off to pathology.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
I have no idea what happened to mine, never thought to ask either. I don't really remember much about the whole experience and it was only about a min after they pulled her out that they knocked me out because my bp was skyrocketing.

July 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Super Mommy
No clue. I joked with my doctor about eating it but it was all just a joke.
July 13th, 2013, 12:12 PM
jen747's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was funny to us that the doctor held it up for us to see like he was so proud of it! He just held it up in the air & said, "Look at your placenta!" or something like that. I guess maybe since he didn't get to hold the baby up for us to see, that was the next best thing he could do. Haha

July 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Lets see.. Once it was delivered my midwife and I inspected it to make sure it was all in one piece and nothing was retained. We looked at all of the veins and arteries to it. Took a few pics. Then my MIL brought it home and put it in our freezer. We planted it with a new lilac tree for L.

July 13th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Mommy :)
Not sure what happened to it. My dr showed me with all three and my mother took a picture of it for some reason.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)
July 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ate mine well it was first encapsulated, and I took the capsules. It made a huge difference, every time I took them in the morning within an hour I felt a rush of energy and my hormones would level out. If I had teary break downs they often happened early in the morning before the pills kicked in lol.

As for right after the birth, the placenta was a procrastinator took over an hour to come out, when it did we did all examine it and just left it alone for a bit until we cut the cord shortly after it was out. I love placentas, they are amazing to me, it's something that sustained and grew my baby, nothing but love for them haha. We have a bunch of pictures of it, mainly because my baby had a true knot in her cord so we made sure to get good pics of that once the placenta was out.
July 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't see it, but the doctor made a point to tell me it looked very healthy. Other than that I have no idea about it

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 13th, 2013, 06:16 PM
ashley22pa's Avatar April Mommy
I saw it briefly as the nurse carried it over and I'm assuming discarded it lol. It was one of the grossest looking things I have ever seen, and I wish I wouldn't have looked!

Thank you to PrincessMom08 for my cute siggy!

July 13th, 2013, 06:19 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I was getting my c/s finished up, I suppose they took it out and it went somewhere. Beats me where!
nameetog likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I couldn't believe how big it was! That happened to be the only time my SO decided to look lol and he must have been delirious because he thought I was delivering the baby. Not sure where it went after delivery but I know the Dr asked me to push a few times to get it out ... by that point I was so done with pushing!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 14th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got to see mine this time which was pretty cool. There was tons of meconium in it though so they told me that even if I wanted to encapsulate it, I couldn't. It was cool to see it though!
July 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I asked to see mine, then I dunno where it went.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search