food

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By utexas10
  • 3 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy
  • 1 Post By MaineBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Super Mommy
Baby A loves putting things in her mouth. She especially loves putting my hands in her mouth and chewing on them. She also loves watching us eat. She doesnt reach for the food. She just sits there staring. Last night I decided to see if she would let me put a spoon in her mouth or if she would push it out. There was no food on it but She loved the spoon. She actually took the spoon out of my hand and started putting it in her mouth. I had to watch her to make sure she didn't shove it too far down her throat but she was doing the actual in and out with it. She is over 4.5 months but it is crazy to think she will be eating real food soon.
MsRK likes this.
July 25th, 2013, 11:11 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It really is crazy how quickly time flies!

With Grace, I remember her being in that "put everything in the mouth phase" around 4-5 months. She didn't really get into solid foods until 8 or 9 months, though. We offered some things at 6 months, and she'd put them in her mouth to explore them (as with everything else), but she wasn't into EATING food until later on. But either way, before we know it, they'll all be eating (and walking, and talking and pottying, etc). It goes too quickly!
*Anya*, utexas10 and MsRK like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 25th, 2013, 04:04 PM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just thinking about this today. My Pediatrician told me that when he can sit up assisted (like in a baby chair or high chair) and he allows you to put the baby spoon in his mouth and not pushes it out then he is getting ready for some solids. She said about the 6 month mark he will probably be ready for me to add one pureed veggie meal to his eating schedule. (if he accepts it)

I tried two days ago to feed him breast milk from the spoon and he munched it up no sweat. He also reaches to grab things now and does the same thing with putting EVERYTHING in his mouth that he can get his hands on.

So I've been looking through some baby food processors because I want to feed him organic veggies that I make at home when it's time. I haven't found one with great reviews though but I found a few mini food processors that I liked so I might get one of those instead for his food.
utexas10 likes this.
July 25th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
L loves watching us eat and tries to grab food off of our plates. He did manage to grab a piece of melon last night and put it in his mouth before I took it away. We are planning on baby led weaning so we won't be doing purees at all. I'm going to start sitting L in the high chair at meal times and give him a spoon or cup to play with. I freeze breastmilk in little cubes and put them in a mesh feed bag and let him chew on that at least once a day. We won't start blw until he can sit UNassisted, loses the tongue thrust, and has more hand to mouth skill. It will be somewhere around 6 months unless he isn't showing interest and then I will wait until he does. He will still be ebf though as I go by "food before one is just for fun and exploring tastes and textures". They don't really "eat" a meal with blw for a few more months
utexas10 likes this.

July 25th, 2013, 07:16 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in total denial that this is around the corner. I don't want more kids so I'm enjoying every last moment with bitty baby Ingrid, and while I love all those mid-baby moments, they are coming way too quickly for me taste!
utexas10 likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Super Mommy
MaineBean-- I know what you mean on them coming to fast. Last night Baby A started rolling over. (Then she made lots of noise all night as she would wake up and try to roll over and then give up and fall back asleep). I guess all the milestones will start coming quickly now.

MsRk--Our doctor told us anytime after 4 months but preferrably closer to 6. We are planning on waiting untl 6 because I know that is what the WHO and other organizations recommend. I also plan on making my own purees, but I have been told by everyone just to use the regular blender and then get the small tupperware things for storage. I looked into the baby food processors and they just seem overpriced for the short period that you are using them. But I may change my mind and get one.
July 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas10 View Post
MsRk--Our doctor told us anytime after 4 months but preferrably closer to 6. We are planning on waiting untl 6 because I know that is what the WHO and other organizations recommend. I also plan on making my own purees, but I have been told by everyone just to use the regular blender and then get the small tupperware things for storage. I looked into the baby food processors and they just seem overpriced for the short period that you are using them. But I may change my mind and get one.
I agree they do seem overpriced for me too. I am getting an inexpensive mini food processor. They are like $20. The only reason why I want one is because I really want something separate that is only used for the baby's food and we don't use it for any other things. We really abuse our blender *lol*...
July 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Cortney6983's Avatar Cortney
Lilly watches us eat haha we make jokes about her wanting it!

July 26th, 2013, 09:03 AM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cora doesn't show much interest in our food at this point, but she is only 3.5 months. She swats at everything and tries to put it in her mouth but I know it's not for the purpose of nourishment. We'll be waiting till at least 6 months to introduce solids, and also doing baby led weaning, so real food no purees
July 26th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Henry is really into food. Like so into it I feel bad and want to give in Lol. He won't get any til 6months+. We will be doing the blw again
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search