I am starting to freak out BIG TIME

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MsRK
  • 1 Post By Missa_Mae
  • 2 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By lilbeanie038

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Veteran
Hello,

I hope you all remember me from the April 2013 Forum

First of all, I have a 4 month old son named Jayden. He was due on 4-22-13 but I had Placenta Previa and had several sonograms and it was decided that things were not gonna change so I had a C-Section scheduled for 4-15-13. Well on 3-18-13 at exactly 35 weeks pregnant I started bleeding really bad and was taken to hospital by ambulance. I went into labor and they couldn't stop the bleeding so he was born that day via a C-Section at 5 weeks early. He weighed 4 pounds and 1 ounce ( he only had to stay in hospital 2 days longer than I did)....of course you'd never even know he was a premie...he now weighs over 14 pounds.

Now onto why I am freaking out. My periods since having my baby have been between 25-28 days and my last period was 6-26-13.....so I am between 6-9 days late for my period. I had a couple pregnancy tests left over from when I was trying for my baby, so I took those last week and they were BFN's! So I just thought my period was a little off.

Well I knew from when I was trying for the baby that sometimes OPK's will be positive if you are pregnant so I took one this morning and it was negative (barely a second line there) well I took another one just a little bit ago and it looks positive to me. What do you think?

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/mrstmb73/library/?sort=3&page=1

I am scared to death that I am pregnant and scared to death because it has only been 4 months since I had my C-Section. We were NOT trying and was using condoms everytime. I don't know how I will tell my husband if I am indeed pregnant! I am 40 years old with 6 kids!

Please tell me if this OPK looks positive to you!

July 30th, 2013, 12:34 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello,
I'm glad that your little man is doing well and can understand that you're worried.
It's hard though to say for sure from the ovulation tests. You should probably , at the very least, get some cheapy pregnancy tests from the dollar store and see what they look like instead.

Your period may just be haywire still because my baby is 4 months 2 weeks and I still haven't had anything near what I would call a normal one. I've skipped periods , had one day periods, etc.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a definite answer on the ovulation tests. I was TTC for nearly a year and a half and my ovulation tests always had a range of light to dark second lines depending on how close I was to ovulating again.

Good luck ..
Purple_cat likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Hi.

Your periods could be off from having a baby so recently. The OPK may look positive but that probably means you're ovulating ... not pregnant, especially if the HPTs are negative. If you are concerned I'd call the dr & get a blood test ...

Good Luck!
Purple_cat likes this.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there! Good to hear from you, and glad your little one is doing so well!

That OPK actually looks almost positive, but not quite. Have you tested again with a HPT? I would probalby either keep testing with OPKs to see if it peaks and then starts to get lighter, indicating possible ovulation, or test again with a HPT. My guess is that things are still not leveled out yet, hormonally speaking, and chances are you're not pregnant. Definitely keep us posted!
Purple_cat and dylans_mommy like this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Veteran
Well I called my Doctor today, and she says to wait this week and if period still hasn't come, then call back and she will see me right away. She insisted on me taking another HPT, which I did and it was BFN so hopefully my period comes soon. I have been having major cramps and feel like AF is coming, she just hasn't shown up yet!

My Doctor said sometimes a C-Section can mess things up and takes awhile to get back to normal, so hopefully that is the case here....my baby is only 4 months old, and I really don't want another one so soon
dylans_mommy likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it turns out the way you want!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 2nd, 2013, 06:32 AM
Excited first time mommy!
I'm glad everything seems to be going well! We had a pregnancy scare a month ago and that would mean that I'd have babies exactly a year apart!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search