Cosleeping

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mama3o
  • 2 Post By Karilynn6
  • 1 Post By JennBer
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice
  • 1 Post By kimberley

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2013, 02:49 AM
MsRK's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
During the last week I have been letting Darion sleep with me when the sun starts to rise and we get natural light coming into our bedroom. It started because around 5:30-6am he would flap around in the bassinet restlessly. So one day I laid my flatter body pillow next to me and laid him on it to sleep and he cuddled up next to me and went right back to sleep.

Now that he is so darn big I don't fear rolling on him and squishing him or something. I've learned how to hold him so that I don't block his airways but he freaks out and slaps around like crazy if even his burp cloth is put over his nose so that makes me feel better too. The first few times I didn't sleep at all. But now I am sleeping with him and I'm really enjoying it.

I don't think that I will ever go to co-sleeping all night long but I really like it during the early morning hours with him. Now when I go to pick him up I say: "Do you want to sleep next to mommy?" And he gets all happy and starts super smiling and he seems so comfy and falls right asleep against me. I know that its something that I will always remember.

Has anyone else tried co-sleeping with the baby who doesn't normally do it?
August 3rd, 2013, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I haven't co slept with any of mine, however I have snuggled them all in the early am hours and do love that time!
MsRK likes this.
August 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I do it on the mornings when my husband goes to work early. I bring her in bed when she first wakes and feed her while laying on my side and we both kind of sleep that way for a few hours. It's a good way for me to get some extra sleep.
MsRK and HalfDozen like this.
August 3rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
JennBer's Avatar Super Mommy
R always starts the night out of my bed, and then when she wakes to feed she comes to bed with me and ends up spending the rest of the night there. That can be anywhere from 2:30 to 6:30 just depends on what time she wakes up, normally it is usually about 3:30 but sometimes she is early or skips it. She always wakes up sometime between 6:30 and 7 and nurses then goes back to sleep, and if we don't have anywhere to be then we will stay in bed till she wakes again, usually about 9:30 - 10:00
MsRK likes this.

August 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done some amount of cosleeping/bedsharing with each girl. I do love those early morning snuggles, which I don't really get now that I have to leave the house by 6:00.
MsRK likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 6th, 2013, 01:54 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't think I would feel comfortable bedsharing, but we all totally love it. He does start out in his crib, but after he feeds at night he stays in bed with us. We have lovely naps together too sometimes.
MsRK likes this.
August 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
AndieP's Avatar Regular
I didn't co-sleep with either of my two children, but sometimes I wish I'd tried it. I think co-sleeping as fine, up to a point, as I believe if you do it for too long, it can discourage independence and make it harder for your baby to settle by herself in he own crib.

Many view co-sleeping as a natural option, helping to develop a strong bond between parent and baby. I recently read an article that said according to a study of 120 countries, 50 per cent of mums share a bed with their baby.

However, it doesn’t seem to be as popular in the US, UK and other Western countries.
August 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Henry starts the night in his bed, and then comes into our bed either the first or second feeding. I'm torn. I love having my babies next to me, I honestly feel more secure co-sleeping, but I love having more room
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search