amber teething jewelry

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CrunchyMommaTo2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 04:32 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I received an amber necklace as a gift and I'm a bit skeptical about the whole thing. I've read different opinions and am leaning towards not using it.

Opinions?
August 6th, 2013, 05:02 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know some people swear by them. I had planned to get one with Grace, but never did because she just didn't struggle with teething. I didn't feel likeshe needed one.

I know you have to be careful that you don't get a fake. What are some of the cons you've heard, out of curiosity?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 6th, 2013, 05:07 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mainly just strangulation and choking hazards, and that they don't work at all and it's just a money grab.

I can see how a well fitting necklace isn't much of a concern in the awake daytime hours.

I put it on Ryder for a few minutes today, and it just didn't feel right putting something around his neck.
August 6th, 2013, 05:20 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
L has worn one since 2 months old. No problems here. I wear one as well for migraines. It shouldn't be long enough to get into their mouth or to really get caught on anything. You can take it off at night if it makes you feel better.. I haven't taken L's off since I put it on. I think it works, and eh if it doesn't it at least looks hella cute
*Anya* and nameetog like this.

August 6th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alex or Xander has been wearing one for a few days now. My daughter recently took hers off. It has been off 5 times now in 3.5 years. My oldest was a terrible teether, never used one with him but my daughter never had problems teething. I see no harm in them. I also think they are cute too but I do think they help

August 6th, 2013, 10:33 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It helped my older daughter, she was a TERRIBLE teether, we lost our first necklace so the week it took for the new one to arrive was awful! definitely a huge difference with it on. We kept it on 24/7 the only time I took it off was when she used the public pool, the chemicals can clog the pores of amber. Cora has been wearing one since about 12 weeks, the beads are small so even if somehow it did break I'm sure she'd swallow the bead with no issue and not choke. Each bead is tied off separately so even if it breaks only one falls off. It shouldn't be long enough for the baby to put in his mouth, and I don't really know what it can possibly get caught on to cause strangulation. It's not everyone's thing I get that so if it doesn't feel right to you pass it on to someone that would use it
August 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mommy :)
I've heard that as long as you don't get a fake one it works wonders.

Mommy to

Laycie (August 2007)
Kayleigh (May 2009)
Jaxon (April 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search